The Student Room Group

Part time job, but moving away?

Hiiii, so I've just finished year 14 and my A2 exams so currently waiting results. My firm university is Durham, and as I live in Northern Ireland, I'll obviously be moving away.
However, I have a job interview this Friday for a part-time role in Card Factory and obviously, I would like to be making money to get me through uni and for saving beforehand.

If they know I'm hopefully going to uni will I be less likely to be employed?
Is there any chance I would be able to return to the same job after I've left for uni?
Could I transfer stores?

I just have no clue, and it's worrying me! If anyone has any advice or experience in this store/situation I would really appreciate some feedback.

Thanks
Original post by writerield
Hiiii, so I've just finished year 14 and my A2 exams so currently waiting results. My firm university is Durham, and as I live in Northern Ireland, I'll obviously be moving away.
However, I have a job interview this Friday for a part-time role in Card Factory and obviously, I would like to be making money to get me through uni and for saving beforehand.

Is there any chance I would be able to return to the same job after I've left for uni?
Could I transfer stores?

I just have no clue, and it's worrying me! If anyone has any advice or experience in this store/situation I would really appreciate some feedback.

Thanks

Maybe maybe not. they should be used to students, but they might someone capable of a more long term commitment or they might not care.

You mean in the holidays? It would depend whether they thought you were any good, but if so then you be in a good position as Christmas staff as you would be already trained..

Could I transfer stores?

You'd have to ask HR but if they have a large branch network then they may let you. Depends if you get on well.

They have a branch in Durham.
Original post by writerield

Could I transfer stores?

Thanks

Just don't say you are going to university if you are worried, you are not obliged to tell them. I've done it before when I've needed a PT job for a few months. You just hand in your notice and leave when you need to, it's a bit unfair on the business, but you gotta do what you gotta do.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending