The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Hang on a second. I spoke to my tutor about my concerns and she agreed with me and said that if she could move the deadline forward she would, but she can't. At the start of the course she said if we can get them finished before the deadline then she will write the reference and get it sent off. Most of the students in the class are behind on work so they would rather wait till the deadline.

Also this is an Access course, a course the prepares students to move straight into University once completed so the tutor obviously knows that 90% of the students are heading to University.

Like i said, its my future education. I want to know my UCAS form has been done and dusted. I have herd some stories from my college about UCAS applications going out after the deadline.
Reply 21
i finally saw my refrence today however there were spelling mistakes, and she had called me sarah and alex?!?!? my name is sophie! i mean honestly!
Juno
And there's a difference between slight nagging and some of the things suggested on here.

if that's in reference to me then majority was sarcasm, just so she got the drift! Gosh why take everything so seriously
Our ones have not been done yet, still waiting fingers crossed it'll be soon
Mine got sent off yesterday, wiked.
Reply 25
Would be easier if you could control your own application- no references, just grades, and MAYBE PS. It seems that a lot of people have these problems.

A load of countries JUST ask you for your diploma and application, no PS, no reference rubbish...you can apply to 5 completely different courses, nobody cares. In UK system, however, you have to be "creative" and write statement that covers different course... c'mon. Your fate depends also on your refree who postpones writing reference indefinitely.

Not the best system, really.
Agreezor in some ways.

New thread > "Is the UK of applying to Higher Education crap?" give examples of other countries application processes like Germany, USA, Canada, Austrailia.

You do it, not me. I'm lazy.
I'm getting quite annoyed at all these threads about delayed references.
It is irritating waiting for your school or college to send stuff off to UCAS but most have 100+ students to deal with.
At the end of the day, as long as its sent off before Jan 15th does it really matter? You will still get equal consideration and moaning about the whole situation achieves nothing.
Patience!!!
Reply 28
Ghost Grey
Agreezor in some ways.

New thread > "Is the UK of applying to Higher Education crap?" give examples of other countries application processes like Germany, USA, Canada, Austrailia.

You do it, not me. I'm lazy.

Well, pretty much in continental Europe you are asked for your grades and that's it. Obviously, those who have good grades are good students and there is no need to be a poet and write a statement to get in. Also, you do not depend on your tutor and his/her will to write a nice statement.

You have things under your control, because as long as you achieve good grades, you're in. Of course, various Unis can require admission tests- but those are related to course in matter.

UK has some elite Unis, and offers fine education, but i dislike process of admission!
Reply 29
very good chance because they aren't competitive at all.
Reply 30
v2006
very good chance because they aren't competitive at all.

Well, you really can't know... all of them say that equal admission applies up to january 15.
I think you can't really know...

I am about to test how much of truth there is in this! You can't know for sure, but in reality, it is probably better to send it early.

This doesn't mean you'll fail at even LSE or smth like that if you send in december, but you could be facing more competition, and more taken places.
Reply 31
I can imagine it gets annoying, especially when you see/hear of other people sending their application off. All the time, I was constantly advised to send it and that it would be beneficial etc., but that mainly came from people who don't really understand the system. The bad thing is that you've had to wait quite a while, but either way you should get pretty equal consideration from admissions tutors.

Latest

Trending

Trending