The Student Room Group

What results are you expecting ?

15 days, I think

I sat my AS maths exams this year, don't really know what to expect, maybe an A in C1 and S1? Maybe a B in C2 and like an E in mechanics as I didn't even finish the paper 🙄

So what are you guys thinking?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I do AS levels :smile:

Hoping for AAAA in Biology, Maths, Chemistry, Geography

Expecting AABB respectively...

Worst case scenario is ABBB (I honestly don't see myself getting lower than this)

Thing is, I'm really concerned about my grades because I need a really good A Level grade prediction of A*A*A to apply to my course. My school is particularly strict with predicted grades, whereby I need a high A in my subjects to get it.

My maths was horrible. I have consistently been getting over 90% in all past papers I've done for C1, C2, S1 - but found C2 quite difficult for some reason. C1 was alright after looking at unofficial markschemes but I don't think I was in peak brain performance during C2 exam probably due to a lack of sleep the night before.

The only thing I'm extremely happy with is both my biology exams.

I'm stressing out so much. Results day in a bit over two weeks
(edited 6 years ago)
I felt the same with mechanics. All the pure modules were fine. Physics (As level) I reckon a B completely got bum rushed in the practical. Since I skipped most of my classes, I knew it would bite me in the end 😔
Need AAA or AAB for my two offers, think I got best case of A*A*Ab (b in Further Maths AS) and worst case of A*ABc but expecting A*AAb. Hopefully not a B in economics though since I thought all 3 papers went good but you never know!
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by Baaah

Worst case scenario is ABBB (I honestly don't see myself getting lower than this)

Thing is, I'm really concerned about my grades because I need a really good A Level grade prediction of A*A*A to apply to my course. My school is particularly strict with predicted grades, whereby I need a high A in my subjects to get it.

My maths was horrible. I have consistently been getting over 90% in all past papers I've done for C1, C2, S1 - but found C2 quite difficult for some reason. C1 was alright after looking at unofficial markschemes but I don't think I was in peak brain performance during C2 exam probably due to a lack of sleep the night before.

What course are you thinking of applying to?

We only sat real exams for maths, for Chemisty and Biology we sat mocks in which I got BB, so will be predicted AA however I'm going to push for A*A* predictions because I think I've messed up with maths and my course requires A*AA
Reply 5
Original post by assassinbunny123
I felt the same with mechanics. All the pure modules were fine. Physics (As level) I reckon a B completely got bum rushed in the practical. Since I skipped most of my classes, I knew it would bite me in the end 😔

To be fair a B is pretty good for physics considering you missed most of the classes, you can easily get an A* next year if you put 100% in

And yeah mechanics, my favourite module, was even getting full marks in the past papers , but then the actual exam just messed me up lol, missed out so many questions purely because I ran out of time, I had 2 whole questions and other little parts left which is around 25/30 marks lost for sure
Original post by Baaah

Last year I got an A in S1, B in C1 and a C in C2. I thought I would push for an A in maths maximum. However, after retaking C1 and C2 I realised just how possible it is to get an A* if you don't stop revising and really push ahead. After finding out your grades, if you want to retake learn it over the holidays and you can easily get above an A in retaking if you get them :smile: Make sure to use solomon or harder papers though! https://www.madasmaths.com/

This website has harder papers which fully prepare you for anything! After retaking I think I've got almost 100% in both C1 and C2 and I know with hard work you can do it too!
Original post by tamanna___
To be fair a B is pretty good for physics considering you missed most of the classes, you can easily get an A* next year if you put 100% in

And yeah mechanics, my favourite module, was even getting full marks in the past papers , but then the actual exam just messed me up lol, missed out so many questions purely because I ran out of time, I had 2 whole questions and other little parts left which is around 25/30 marks lost for sure

Which exam board was this on? I found the ocr m1 pretty hellish.
Anyway I'm really hoping I've got an A* in a-level maths and as long as the grade boundaries for 90 ums are a few marks below 90% avg I think I've got it. For AS levels I would probably guess AAB physics, chemistry, lit (dropped). These are the results I'd be really chuffed with at least and it wont be too bad if I didn't get an A* in maths this year because I could just resit c4.
Original post by black1blade
Anyway I'm really hoping I've got an A* in a-level maths and as long as the grade boundaries for 90 ums are a few marks below 90% avg I think I've got it. For AS levels I would probably guess AAB physics, chemistry, lit (dropped). These are the results I'd be really chuffed with at least and it wont be too bad if I didn't get an A* in maths this year because I could just resit c4.

Are you edexcel? I only found out the other day you need 90 UMS on average between C3 and C4 to get an A* which is annoying because I think C3 is the only one I didn't get 90+ UMS... :frown:
I do GCSE...

I only did my statistics exam and I think I (in sha allah) got at least an A (which was rather easy)
I'm just praying for that A* though
Original post by tamanna___

So if I end up with c1 and c2 being 80% and M1: 50% and somehow god touches Me and I get 100% on all other modules would I still get an A*?
So if I end up with c1 and c2 being 80% and M1: 50% and somehow god touches Me and I get 100% on all other modules would I still get an A*?

Edexcel : 80% average and 90% average between C3 and C4 would get you an A*

Which is annoying because I think I got 95+ in C1,C2,M1,C4 and only one I didn't this year is C3... But an A is still great :wink: will find out soon though.
Original post by CallumJSC
Are you edexcel? I only found out the other day you need 90 UMS on average between C3 and C4 to get an A* which is annoying because I think C3 is the only one I didn't get 90+ UMS... :frown:

I'm ocr but yeah it's the same. Basically I'm predicting high 90s on c3 but high 80s/low 90s on c4 but who knows what the boundaries are or even the exact marks I got.
Yeah that's the thing if you get 100 ums in c3 (which depending how hard the paper will be closer/further to 100% raw) then you can afford to get 80 ums in c4 and still get A*.
Edexcel : 80% average and 90% average between C3 and C4 would get you an A*

Which is annoying because I think I got 95+ in C1,C2,M1,C4 and only one I didn't this year is C3... But an A is still great :wink: will find out soon though.

W8 so getting 80% all round wouldn't get u an A*😫
W8 so getting 80% all round wouldn't get u an A*😫

80% average = A
90% average does not necessarily equal A*.

I think they make it only between C3 and C4 (the 90% on average between + 80% on average overall) to prevent people from feeling annoyed they took a wrong branch off module because C3 and C4 are mandatory. It also prevents people who resit C1 and C2 from having a large advantage for an A* since it only contributes to the 80% bit but not the between C3/4 bit.

I believe this is how it works. This is how I have read of TSR, which makes me annoyed because I think I got above 90% on average.
When you got your BTEC results 2 months ago...
Last year I got an A in S1, B in C1 and a C in C2. I thought I would push for an A in maths maximum. However, after retaking C1 and C2 I realised just how possible it is to get an A* if you don't stop revising and really push ahead. After finding out your grades, if you want to retake learn it over the holidays and you can easily get above an A in retaking if you get them :smile: Make sure to use solomon or harder papers though! https://www.madasmaths.com/

This website has harder papers which fully prepare you for anything! After retaking I think I've got almost 100% in both C1 and C2 and I know with hard work you can do it too!

Hey can I PM you sometime about trying to get an A* in maths ? It would really help me :colondollar:
Original post by black1blade
Which exam board was this on? I found the ocr m1 pretty hellish.

Ocr Mei, it was the worst m1 paper I've ever seen

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending