The Student Room Group

A*A*A* and I refuse to go Russell Group uni

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Little Toy Gun
If I show you the data I will risk disclosing also my identity to you. I will just say the university is located in somewhere with virtually full employment so a 100% (actually 99.97% I think) isn't that big of an achievement.

No chance of giving your identify by posting what uni you attend ffs.

I'm still going to call BS. If anything you should be worried about unis with bragging about a 100% employment figure. They count employment anywhere after 6 months. It could be at your local fast chains. Or in retail. And this would be because their stats on people going into relevant jobs are bad.

A decent uni would give relevant stats since their real figures would impressive anyway anyway. The only courses on the UK who genuinely have near 100% of grads getting jobs in the respective roles are medicine and nursing. And that's cause the demand is massive. Any other course advertising '99.7%' should raise suspicion.

And the second part of your post.... How can you say "All my coursemates got jobs and I received offers without applying for them. " then expect to be taken seriously.

Not even MIT or Cambridge grads get jobs handed to them without doing anything. If you're gonna lie then pump out a good one.
(edited 6 years ago)
What I find surprising is how many people actually care about the social aspect of university, like at all, for me it's all about reputation and academic side of things, social aspect comes natural - or it doesn't, then you create your own social life outside of university
I feel like she is unnecessarily putting all her eggs in one basket.
Original post by TheWaffle
I feel like she is unnecessarily putting all her eggs in one basket.

Why? She's on target for a First, is a (twice) nationally published journalist, and will be going on to do an MA.

All in all, her eggs are hatching nicely.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending