The Student Room Group

Can I get accepted into a university when I don't meet the entry requirements?

I applied for uni back in jan23 and deferred my entry but I've decided to switch courses. My grades are A, distinction, C would I be accepted for russel group university courses that require AAB or ABB. The course also requires a 6 in GCSE maths but I've got a 5 is there any possibility I could still be accepted.
Original post by amiira444
I applied for uni back in jan23 and deferred my entry but I've decided to switch courses. My grades are A, distinction, C would I be accepted for russel group university courses that require AAB or ABB. The course also requires a 6 in GCSE maths but I've got a 5 is there any possibility I could still be accepted.

You can always email the universities directly. But due to the amount of people who want to go to Russel Group unis it might be a risk. There will be people who not only meet the entry requirements but exceed them. Some unis may not even look at your application if you don't meet the requirements. You don't want to waste one of your options on something you have no chance of getting into. If you really want to go to a russel group uni you might need to look at courses with lower entry requirement. But remember focus on the course you want to do, not where you go. At the end of the day a lot of employers just want to see that you have a degree.
The GCSE grade is likely to be more of a dealbreaker than the level 3 qualifications. You can email to ask, (responses will be slow curretly), but it will probably be a no.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending