The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by h333
Has anyone ever been in a situation where they had to choose between two paths but both appeared good to them? If yes then what did you do?

I once read something interesting. It's not exactly factual and may not be suitable for everybody, but it said something along the lines of when you have to choose between two things go for the second one, because if the first was that amazing you wouldn't even consider the second. So that's something for you to ponder upon. And of course keep asking the advice of people who genuinely care about you and make lots of dua and pray istikhara. Listen to yourself and what you want, don't try to please everyone it's your life remember, I'm here for you every step of the way x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by IdeasForLife
Wa'alaykumasalaam, will do.

JazaakAllah khair

Original post by h333
Wa’alaykum assalaam
May Allah give you what’s best and ease all your affairs Ameen 🌺

Ameen!! JazaakAllah khair lovely 💕
Reply 7982
Original post by beautifulxxx
I once read something interesting. It's not exactly factual and may not be suitable for everybody, but it said something along the lines of when you have to choose between two things go for the second one, because if the first was that amazing you wouldn't even consider the second. So that's something for you to ponder upon. And of course keep asking the advice of people who genuinely care about you and make lots of dua and pray istikhara. Listen to yourself and what you want, don't try to please everyone it's your life remember, I'm here for you every step of the way x

Posted from TSR Mobile

This is interesting and deep 😯 now you have really got me thinking.
Aw JazakiAllahu Khayran Yaz, means a lot to me 💕

Original post by Biryani007
JazaakAllah khair

Ameen!! JazaakAllah khair lovely 💕

BaarakAllahu Feeki 🌹
Original post by h333
Has anyone ever been in a situation where they had to choose between two paths but both appeared good to them? If yes then what did you do?

Put a piece of paper with your name on it in a big circle. Call both of them and have them fight til death until one of them wins the piece of paper. Then choose the dead guy because he must've really loved you to die for you <3
Does anyone have any good resources arguing against the modern gender dysphoria movement. You know all the non binary, mutiple genders etc ? Whilst I have seen people speaking against it, I've not come across guides of how to get through to people have who gone down that direction.

Someone in my family has unfortunately fallen for this kind of stuff. Whereby they don't even identify as one gender sometimes. There are also like doubts about Islam but looking at them, the doubts don't seem very strong, most of them are answerable. However I've never really persuaded anyone that they aren't multiple genders or anything similar. It's pretty clear that they are actually one gender and nothings even remotely pointed the other way since day 1 but they identify as gender fluid I think. I think a lot of this mostly stems from them hanging around with people in college who are heavily into this movement.

There is this guy on youtube who is called Steven Crowder and his argues against liberals in matters like this. He must've done a few on gender issues so check him out - as a far right christians. his views on islam are terribly wrong and he should not be listened to in that regard.
Muhammad Hijab has done a few videos on these social issues too.
What I find interesting about this so called "gender fluidity" is that they apparently know what it feels like to feel feminine despite claiming that femininity doesn't exist beyond the physical differences in our body. They'll argue that traditionally feminine traits aren't feminine but will identify as a female when they experience tendency towards possessing these traits 😂. You can't have you cake and eat it. You either accept that gender is entirely socially constructed and not guidance or that a person can be experience being different genders at different times.
Reply 7985
Original post by TheProphetsPath
Put a piece of paper with your name on it in a big circle. Call both of them and have them fight til death until one of them wins the piece of paper. Then choose the dead guy because he must've really loved you to die for you <3

Interesting but “two paths” not “two guys” :fyi:
Original post by h333
Interesting but “two paths” not “two guys” :fyi:

potato patahto
that's your personal life affair. keep it to yourself.
Reply 7988
that's your personal life affair. keep it to yourself.

Are you talking about my post?
yes, I commented it under your comment
Reply 7990
yes, I commented it under your comment

Okay but how is it personal life affair? I didn’t even mention context to it , just wanted genuine advice.

Actually I’m glad I asked because the advices given by @Zamestaneh and @beautifulxxx were really helpful Alhamdulillah.
(edited 5 years ago)
Aside from all the politics right now, wanted to ask why there are Islamic banking accounts/mortgages and why these are needed, been wondering for a long time :smile:
Because their is a demand for sharia-compliant services, therefore a business will come about to fill that void.

To ensure their money is not being used for haraam things and to not get involved on riba(interest). These days things like Islamic mortgages will be a big market considering how unaffordable homes are now compared to before.
Original post by BlueIndigoViolet
Aside from all the politics right now, wanted to ask why there are Islamic banking accounts/mortgages and why these are needed, been wondering for a long time :smile:
Original post by Iqbal007
Because their is a demand for sharia-compliant services, therefore a business will come about to fill that void.

To ensure their money is not being used for haraam things and to not get involved on riba(interest). These days things like Islamic mortgages will be a big market considering how unaffordable homes are now compared to before.

ah ok, understandable :smile:
Reply 7994
It is not permissible for the Muslims to celebrate Nowruz or to mark this occasion by holding celebrations, making special foods or giving gifts.

The Muslims do not have any festivals which they celebrate except Eid al-Fitr and Eid al-Adha. Anything other than that is an innovated festival and it is not permissible to celebrate it.

Abu Dawood (1134) and an-Nasaa’i (1556) narrated that Anas (may Allah be pleased with him) said: When the Messenger of Allah (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) came to Madinah, they had two days on which they would play. He said: “What are these two days?” They said: We used to play on these days during the Jaahiliyyah. The Messenger of Allah (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) said: “Verily Allah has replaced them for you with something better than them: the day of (Eid) al-Adha and the day of (Eid) al-Fitr.” Classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in as-Silsilah as-Saheehah (2021).
Original post by h333
It is not permissible for the Muslims to celebrate Nowruz or to mark this occasion by holding celebrations, making special foods or giving gifts.

The Muslims do not have any festivals which they celebrate except Eid al-Fitr and Eid al-Adha. Anything other than that is an innovated festival and it is not permissible to celebrate it.

Abu Dawood (1134) and an-Nasaa’i (1556) narrated that Anas (may Allah be pleased with him) said: When the Messenger of Allah (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) came to Madinah, they had two days on which they would play. He said: “What are these two days?” They said: We used to play on these days during the Jaahiliyyah. The Messenger of Allah (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) said: “Verily Allah has replaced them for you with something better than them: the day of (Eid) al-Adha and the day of (Eid) al-Fitr.” Classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in as-Silsilah as-Saheehah (2021).

اسلام علىكم

Sis how are you?
There is this guy on youtube who is called Steven Crowder and his argues against liberals in matters like this. He must've done a few on gender issues so check him out - as a far right christians. his views on islam are terribly wrong and he should not be listened to in that regard.
Muhammad Hijab has done a few videos on these social issues too.
What I find interesting about this so called "gender fluidity" is that they apparently know what it feels like to feel feminine despite claiming that femininity doesn't exist beyond the physical differences in our body. They'll argue that traditionally feminine traits aren't feminine but will identify as a female when they experience tendency towards possessing these traits 😂. You can't have you cake and eat it. You either accept that gender is entirely socially constructed and not guidance or that a person can be experience being different genders at different times.

Cool Jzk, I'll check all these videos out. Dw I won't be listening to that guys bad videos haha.

Yeh man I get you. I think most of the people who go down that route probably have other problems which haven't been addressed or they're people who are easily influenced.
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 7997
Original post by MiszShorTea765
اسلام علىكم

Sis how are you?

Wa’alaykum assalaam

I’m good Alhamdulillah, Wbu? x
Original post by h333
Wa’alaykum assalaam

I’m good Alhamdulillah, Wbu? x

Alhamdulillah. How’s everything sis?
You guys have probably heard about that birmingham school where the students are majority Muslim and a new teacher came in and tried to teach these young kids to accept things like homosexuality and this whole multiple genders thing.

Do you not want children to be taught that what people do, that has no impact on others, is their business, and none of anyone else's? Freedom of religion falls into that category ..

Please start a thread in a suitable area if you want to discuss this.

Latest

Trending

Trending