The Student Room Group

Top tips for new university students - post yours

Here are mine:

Find a good balance between studies and social life. Quite few of my first year friends got kicked out because they didn't manage this so well. I also just scraped through!

If you can, get a part time job. The extra money really help relieve some of the pressure.

Learn how to budget. If you spend too much one week - have a quieter week the next.

Make sure you have an idea how to do the basics to live on, like cooking some simple meals, washing, cleaning etc - if you don't know already, then find out before you start! :tongue:
Original post by Jon TSR
Here are mine:

Find a good balance between studies and social life. Quite few of my first year friends got kicked out because they didn't manage this so well. I also just scraped through!

If you can, get a part time job. The extra money really help relieve some of the pressure.

Learn how to budget. If you spend too much one week - have a quieter week the next.

An extra tip about getting a part time job - see if your students' union has any positions available or see if you can become a student ambassador. Ambassador pay tends to be quite good and by working on campus means you don't have to any travel costs and the working hours are usually flexible.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending