The Student Room Group

For those that failed

Tell me about it lol, it's interesting reading other stories similar to mine
if youve failed have solace in the fact that youve contributed in maintaining balance between failures and passers, youre not totally useless
Original post by futuresomething
if youve failed have solace in the fact that youve contributed in maintaining balance between failures and passers, youre not totally useless

I'm not sure that was quite the support that OP was after.

lmao
Original post by claireestelle
I'm not sure that was quite the support that OP was after.

im trying my best ok
Reply 5
Did you apply for uni this year? Let us know if you'd like some help deciding on what to do next, or you can PM me if you want to discuss privately.

I got CDD two years ago, was put into Clearing, called about 30 universities in and around London, was offered 4 courses in total (some relevant, some very random), accepted a place at a uni ranked below 100, got a 2.1 in first year, transferred into Year 2 at a mid tier university ranked in the 60s, in a much nicer location with students who have the same academic abilities as me, and where I'm much happier.
You haven't failed and there's always another option. Let us know if we can help!
if you failed it means you pushed yourself
and this is better than if you got 3 A*'s in subjects you find really easy.
the whole point of life is the hard work not the end goal. i mean if someone just gave you 10 A*'s without you having worked for it how would you feel? I might have got decent grades and got my firm but i didn't even push myself. And i envy those that do
There is no 'failure' - there are just different levels of passing and even ''ungraded'' isn't a failure if that's what it takes to realize that you actually want to take a different path to where you aim to be or that you need to work harder. I think the best thing I've learned in the past decade is that there is nothing wrong with ''failing'' (by other people's standards/definitions) or stumbling/falling - it's actually the best place to learn about yourself and to grow - you only find resilience and determination in adversity, not when everything is rosy. But if you feel like you've done less than you could have, get back on your feet and move forward - it's when people feel sorry for themselves and give up that they mess their lives up, not when they get a D on an exam!

I got ABC in my A-levels in 2008 and have since done 2 degrees and have a professional career ahead of me. Don't let a few letters on a piece of paper define the rest of your life, this is only the beginning. Think of it this way - some people peak at 18 with brilliant A-levels and some people peak in their 20's/30's with a brilliant job that they enjoy (and some are really lucky and get both!). It's not a competition or a race, stay focused on yourself and what you're going to do to get to where you want to be.
Original post by Aghareza
Tell me about it lol, it's interesting reading other stories similar to mine

It means you have new opportunities to explore and a chance to think of new things to do you haven't considered before.

Plus you have multiple points in life to do something cool, it's really not all about exams and this one moment in time.
Reply 9

Thank you, and i most certainly agree. For predators to surive, there must be sufficient prey, and I'm fine with being a prey ^^
Reply 10
Original post by Paisley99
if you failed it means you pushed yourself
and this is better than if you got 3 A*'s in subjects you find really easy.
the whole point of life is the hard work not the end goal. i mean if someone just gave you 10 A*'s without you having worked for it how would you feel? I might have got decent grades and got my firm but i didn't even push myself. And i envy those that do

what made you assume that i pushed anything? About the only thing that i've pushed this year has been my ass over to fast food joints to eat. Yeah bro, straight up 2 U and 1 X for being hungry on the exam day so i had to go according to my priorities
Lots of people who failed said they got into a different uni through clearing.
What if you failed and don't want to go through clearing, but instead spend a year retaking,
is that a bad thing?
Reply 12
Original post by sss1233
Lots of people who failed said they got into a different uni through clearing.
What if you failed and don't want to go through clearing, but instead spend a year retaking,
is that a bad thing?

I'm not bothered by failure but seeing as how everyone is quite happy with passing and doing well, I figuared I make a thread for the fallen soldiers that were like me; the opposite of most people on here.

As for my plans, well I'll probably do extended btec electronic engineering alongside a level maths and go uni straight after, not really a big deal tbh
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Aghareza
what made you assume that i pushed anything? About the only thing that i've pushed this year has been my ass over to fast food joints to eat. Yeah bro, straight up 2 U and 1 X for being hungry on the exam day so i had to go according to my priorities

Well I assumed you were upset because you worked hard and failed.
But you didn't try.
So what is your problem, why are you wasting our time?

Quick Reply

Latest