The Student Room Group

2:1 but module condoned

hi all,

I recieved my results back from university this week and on my transcript it states i have completed my course obtaining a 2:1 classification. I did fail a module and was under the impression that i would have to resit, however on my results breakdown, it says the module has been condoned...

What i am asking is, have i definitely achieved a 2:1 and do i need to resit my exam or not?

seems strange that they have provided me with a classification if i had to resit first?

thanks
Reply 1
If you have been condoned on a failed module it means that though you have failed it and the fail grade will be recorded on your transcript, the exam board has still been able to award you the credits for it which effectively means that the module is done and dusted and will not require any resits or resubmissions.

There are strict rules on what can be condoned, such as the module grade has to be within a specific range and its credit value can't be too big. You obviously met those conditions.
Original post by Trainy17
hi all,

I recieved my results back from university this week and on my transcript it states i have completed my course obtaining a 2:1 classification. I did fail a module and was under the impression that i would have to resit, however on my results breakdown, it says the module has been condoned...

What i am asking is, have i definitely achieved a 2:1 and do i need to resit my exam or not?

seems strange that they have provided me with a classification if i had to resit first?

thanks

Hi there,

I would check your University/School student guide since the rules often differ between different places. If you are still in doubt then I would advise you to contact your student support office as they will be able to assist you and confirm if you need to resit or not.

Malachy - University of Liverpool Student Rep

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending