The Student Room Group

Is Oxbridge realistic?

I have A*A*AAAAAB at GCSE and A*AAA and AS and am predicted A*A*A.

My GCSE's are good but not really Oxbridge standard. But overall, would you say I had a shot?
Original post by ScarlettLucas
I have A*A*AAAAAB at GCSE and A*AAA and AS and am predicted A*A*A.

My GCSE's are good but not really Oxbridge standard. But overall, would you say I had a shot?

What course are you applying for?
Original post by joshchamp125
What course are you applying for?

Human, Social and Political Sciences.

Yes you should definitely apply! It isn't as competitive as medicine where they need like 10 A*s at GCSE. Definitely apply! Good luck
DEFINITELY apply, you have a really good chance, good luck :smile:
Your GCSEs and AS grade predictions are perfectly good. Cambridge do not put much emphasis on GCSEs, though I have my A2s already so I imagine there will be more focus on them for you and for me when I apply.
Original post by ashaxo99
DEFINITELY apply, you have a really good chance, good luck :smile:

Thanks, I will apply.

AFAIK only Cambridge do HSPS...furthermore, Cambridge don't really look at GCSEs, so you have a very very good chance
As noted, HSPS is a Cambridge couse, and outside of Medicine (and Maths, at some colleges, I believe) Cambridge don't put much, if any weight on GCSEs. Your performance in 6th form is on target to meet their minimum requirements, so there is a good chance you'll be offered an interview - beyond that, it's anyone's guess :tongue:
Original post by artful_lounger
As noted, HSPS is a Cambridge couse, and outside of Medicine (and Maths, at some colleges, I believe) Cambridge don't put much, if any weight on GCSEs. Your performance in 6th form is on target to meet their minimum requirements, so there is a good chance you'll be offered an interview - beyond that, it's anyone's guess :tongue:

Thank you, I hope I'm given an interview.

Quick Reply

Latest