The Student Room Group

Still unsure on my a-level options?

Hi,I really need to some advice on picking a-level options as its now 2 weeks until I officially start my a-levels and I'm over here worried that I haven't picked the right ones for me. Its also safe to say I have no idea what I want to become, although I know I want to go to university. I have currently picked English Literature, Biology and Geography, but everyone keeps telling me different things when I'm trying to address this problem. My school keep telling me I should be doing more maths and science as my grades were always highest in that area, but my parents were always against the idea of further education and thing I should have gone to college instead.Really I'm just looking for some advise from someone who doesn't know me and isn't biased towards their answer to my question.
Original post by bealittlecrazy
Hi,I really need to some advice on picking a-level options as its now 2 weeks until I officially start my a-levels and I'm over here worried that I haven't picked the right ones for me. Its also safe to say I have no idea what I want to become, although I know I want to go to university. I have currently picked English Literature, Biology and Geography, but everyone keeps telling me different things when I'm trying to address this problem. My school keep telling me I should be doing more maths and science as my grades were always highest in that area, but my parents were always against the idea of further education and thing I should have gone to college instead.Really I'm just looking for some advise from someone who doesn't know me and isn't biased towards their answer to my question.

I think you should just do the subjects that you enjoy the most as those are the ones you will most likely do well in. Also you are going to have a lot of lessons in these subjects, I just finished year 12 and I had 9 hours per subject per fortnight. So I had a one our lesson of each subject every day except one in a fortnight, So you should really take subjects that you won't get bored easily with. I think you should also do subjects that you are reasonable good at but you don't need to necessarily take the subjects that you are getting the best grades in now, unless those are also the subjects that you enjoy the most, if that makes sense.

Quick Reply

Latest