The Student Room Group

SAT Preparation

Hi everyone!
Starting Year 12 this September and thinking to apply for the US Uni as well. I got roughly 1 year for ultimatum preparation and would be happy to receive any advice or see anyone else willing to take SAT in 2018 :smile:
(your experience won't hurt as well hahaha)

Dream colleges: MIT, Caltech, U of Chicago, UCLA, UCB and UCSB if you are interested
Original post by notevenahuman
Hi everyone!
Starting Year 12 this September and thinking to apply for the US Uni as well. I got roughly 1 year for ultimatum preparation and would be happy to receive any advice or see anyone else willing to take SAT in 2018 :smile:
(your experience won't hurt as well hahaha)

Dream colleges: MIT, Caltech, U of Chicago, UCLA, UCB and UCSB if you are interested

For the SAT 1: honestly just do a lot of practice because it's an exam where you can improve a crap ton just by practicing. Or in many cases you don't even really need to practice at all (I didn't really practice and I got a decent score, many people on here didn't seem to practice that much as well and they got good scores) A lot of it is just American curriculum which might be a bit foreign but just look at the questions and you should be fine :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by wolfmoon88
For the SAT 1: honestly just do a lot of practice because it's an exam where you can improve a crap ton just by practicing. Or in many cases you don't even really need to practice at all (I didn't really practice and I got a decent score, many people on here didn't seem to practice that much as well and they got good scores) A lot of it is just American curriculum which might be a bit foreign but just look at the questions and you should be fine :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you! How many points did you get?
Last month I took practice test in a Khan Academy and got only 1260. I think I'm doomed.
Thank you! How many points did you get?
Last month I took practice test in a Khan Academy and got only 1260. I think I'm doomed.

I got 1450.

Everyone has to start somewhere. :yep: Do you know what parts you need to improve on? (Reading, Writing, Maths?)

Posted from TSR Mobile
I got 1450.

Everyone has to start somewhere. :yep: Do you know what parts you need to improve on? (Reading, Writing, Maths?)

Posted from TSR Mobile

I got maximum in writing, steadily improving reading and have to concentrate on maths atm ^-^
(two months ago I was at 1100 lol)
Which Uni have you left to?
I got maximum in writing, steadily improving reading and have to concentrate on maths atm ^-^
(two months ago I was at 1100 lol)
Which Uni have you left to?

Maximum in writing is good :yep: my writing score was my worst score :lol:

Maths is just practice really and reading has some interesting tips that can help improve scores significantly. Let me see if I can find where I wrote my tips down.

I didn't end up using my SAT scores :lol: I am going to the University of St Andrews

Posted from TSR Mobile
Maximum in writing is good :yep: my writing score was my worst score :lol:

Maths is just practice really and reading has some interesting tips that can help improve scores significantly. Let me see if I can find where I wrote my tips down.

I didn't end up using my SAT scores :lol: I am going to the University of St Andrews

Posted from TSR Mobile

thanks loads! I'll wait for tips :smile:
hope you are enjoying your uni!
I got a 1320 on the practice test on Khan academy but ended up getting a 1410 on the actual test so don't let that score bring you down! With reading, DONT READ THE PASSAGE. Most of the questions will be like WHat is ..... and then the next question will be like "WHich line provides the best evidence for your previous answer" so what you do is you look at the line choices of the second question to find the answer for the first question.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending