The Student Room Group

Telling Universities about special circumstances (How ?)

Hi there,

I'm an a level student who just finished my year 12. I'm hopefully applying to medicine next year. My GCSE's aren't good enough for most medical schools (if not all) but that's due to the fact that i only came to the UK in 2015 when i started my year 11 so i missed the whole year 10. I've done a lot for medicine(voluntary work. etc) and my As levels are good enough for high predictions by my teachers through UCAS in October. I went to many open days and to a summer school in Liverpool UNI and the advice was to "contact unis about my circumstances" but I'm just not sure what's the best way to contact them about this.
I'm already doing the Liverpool Scholars Programme which should lower the requirements for Medicine but I'm not sure how i will be able to contact other unis.

My GCSEs : 1 A* (Arabic) - 3 As (Chemistry, Geography and Maths) - 6 Bs
*I was still celebrated by my low performing high school for achieving these results in such short amount of time and considering my English when i arrived here (I'm sorry if that sounds cocky, but i wanted all the information to be listed here)

Many Thanks
Original post by abdojouma
Hi there,

I'm an a level student who just finished my year 12. I'm hopefully applying to medicine next year. My GCSE's aren't good enough for most medical schools (if not all) but that's due to the fact that i only came to the UK in 2015 when i started my year 11 so i missed the whole year 10. I've done a lot for medicine(voluntary work. etc) and my As levels are good enough for high predictions by my teachers through UCAS in October. I went to many open days and to a summer school in Liverpool UNI and the advice was to "contact unis about my circumstances" but I'm just not sure what's the best way to contact them about this.
I'm already doing the Liverpool Scholars Programme which should lower the requirements for Medicine but I'm not sure how i will be able to contact other unis.

My GCSEs : 1 A* (Arabic) - 3 As (Chemistry, Geography and Maths) - 6 Bs
*I was still celebrated by my low performing high school for achieving these results in such short amount of time and considering my English when i arrived here (I'm sorry if that sounds cocky, but i wanted all the information to be listed here)

Many Thanks

they'll either have a form you can fill in or they'll expect your referee to mention it in your reference.

Quick Reply

Latest