The Student Room Group

Applying to uni with bad grades due to disability

I’m hoping to apply for a fairly good uni to do law in year 2024, sadly over my time at sixth form I had some health difficulty’s which had left me disabled (wheelchair user) unfortunately due to all this my grades really suffered. I’m now doing better and wish I could attend a university I expected to get the grades for, any advice on if it’s possible to get special consideration due to my circumstances, I’ve looked into contextual offer but none seem to cover my specific circumstances. Thanks in advance for any help.
Original post by Absdalb
I’m hoping to apply for a fairly good uni to do law in year 2024, sadly over my time at sixth form I had some health difficulty’s which had left me disabled (wheelchair user) unfortunately due to all this my grades really suffered. I’m now doing better and wish I could attend a university I expected to get the grades for, any advice on if it’s possible to get special consideration due to my circumstances, I’ve looked into contextual offer but none seem to cover my specific circumstances. Thanks in advance for any help.

well, it depends on the reason why your disability affected your grades is it because you couldn't access the classes properly because of a lack of facilities at your school or another reason?
Original post by Absdalb

Contextual offers are meant for people who suffer socially not illnesses. They are designed to improve the numbers entering university from low performing schools and disadvantaged backgrounds. What you are looking at is not a contextual condition but extenuating circumstances. You will need to contact each university to ask how they will treat your circumstance. Each university might act differently. You will need support of your school to show how this has affected your results.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending