The Student Room Group

A Level Remarks 2017

Scroll to see replies

Had my Classics papers back this week... No change on either paper :frown: :frown:
Reply 321
Original post by EstelOfTheEyrie
Had my Classics papers back this week... No change on either paper :frown: :frown:

Sorry to hear that Estel. We got Geography back and that gained 7 marks and went up a grade. So 2 out of 3 subjects. All seems so variable 😡
Original post by efeff
yes

So, I just read the full 17 pages and I'm sorry to hear that the remark was unsuccessful? What are you plans now or what are you doing now?
In my AQA AS Psychology, I only managed to get a C. In my mocks, I got As and Bs and this was generally in class too. I checked the marks and I was 3 marks away from a B but decided against getting a remark as I knew my AS wouldn't count towards my final A-level as it is reformed. However, I still regret not doing it so, that if by some chance the worst happens in results day this year, I've got this thread to guide me through the process :biggrin:
Reply 323
Original post by TerribleGrades
So, I just read the full 17 pages and I'm sorry to hear that the remark was unsuccessful? What are you plans now or what are you doing now?
In my AQA AS Psychology, I only managed to get a C. In my mocks, I got As and Bs and this was generally in class too. I checked the marks and I was 3 marks away from a B but decided against getting a remark as I knew my AS wouldn't count towards my final A-level as it is reformed. However, I still regret not doing it so, that if by some chance the worst happens in results day this year, I've got this thread to guide me through the process :biggrin:

Hello, I have taken a gap year travelling which I have really been enjoying. And decided to retake the exams again in June to hopefully get that A grade I really want :smile:
Original post by jamestg
I got a politics paper remarked. I initially had 82/100 and needed 88/100 for an overall A*. Got it back today and got 88/100 - so an A* overall!

What is the rule for getting an A* in politics I am so confused, does it matter what u got in AS? I got 77 and 98 so its less than 180, do I still have a chance? And if so how many marks do I need?
For an A* you need:

At least 180 from the A2 units

At least 320 overall

Did anyone’s chemistry go up, I need 3 marks for an A 😓
Original post by Doctor P
Did anyone’s chemistry go up, I need 3 marks for an A 😓

same position here, 2 marks away, still heard back nothing :frown:
Original post by HippoRhino3
same position here, 2 marks away, still heard back nothing :frown:

Which papers did u remark mate, I did paper 1 and 2 😅
Original post by Doctor P
Which papers did u remark mate, I did paper 1 and 2 😅