The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 180
Hi guys, I graduated with a First in my degree and got 665 on the UKCAT (low but I thought still worth a shot..?). Still haven't heard back :frown:
Original post by MarkLane_9
Same here, what grade did you get for your Bsc if you dont mind me asking as I havent heard back yet

I got 72% overall which was top 5% of my cohort and then MPhil at Cambridge.

I suspect they have only given out interview offers to international students first because we are given time to choose when and where in the world we want the interview to be taken (we have to reply by 15th). So keep faith, your interview offer may be on its way! What are your stats if you don't mind me asking?
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by elwhht
Hi guys, I graduated with a First in my degree and got 665 on the UKCAT (low but I thought still worth a shot..?). Still haven't heard back :frown:

I think those stats are good enough for interview! Are you a home student? I don't think any interview offers for home students have been given out.

Good luck!!
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 183
Original post by gradmedhopeful
I think those stats are good enough for interview! Are you a home student? I don't think any interview offers for home students have been given out.

Good luck!!

Thank you! Yes I'm a home student .. keep checking my emails, I think we'll most likely start seeing interviews over the next two weeks.. good luck!! Fingers crossed
Original post by gradmedhopeful
I got 72% overall which was top 5% of my cohort at a Russell university.

I suspect they have only given out interview offers to international students first because we are given time to choose when and where in the world we want the interview to be taken (we have to reply by 15th). So keep faith, your interview offer may be on its way! What are your stats if you don't mind me asking?

1st class in biochem at UCL, 750 ukcat
Original post by MarkLane_9
1st class in biochem at UCL, 750 ukcat

Did you not apply to GEM at Barts? With these stats you definitely had a shot
Original post by arigziegler
Did you not apply to GEM at Barts? With these stats you definitely had a shot

Yer I wasnt too sure. I heard the GEM itnerviews are really competitive and I wasnt sure if I'd get through them
Fourth Year student at Barts here. If anyone has any questions then feel free to send me a PM!
Hey guys!

I'm Sam, a first year medic at Barts and the London. I'd be absolutely more than happy to answer questions on all things Barts! I'm not that active on here, as I only really used it during the application process like you guys, but you can drop me an email if you so wish and I will offer any advice I can

Regards

Sam
Hi there,

I just wanted to ask if it is worth going on the course,
Or is it better to stay at home and practice saying stuff out loud and learning things and doing sample questions?

I have an interview on the 3rd of January and don’t have a lot of time left
(edited 6 years ago)
have any undergrads received invites? international or home?
Original post by nofabura
have any undergrads received invites? international or home?

Yup, received an invitation on the 6th, international applicant.
Original post by 007spong
Yup, received an invitation on the 6th, international applicant.

congrats! where are you from? also ukcat and ucas scores? thanks
Original post by nofabura
congrats! where are you from? also ukcat and ucas scores? thanks

Thank you, I am from Singapore. I got 725 for UKCAT and my UCAS tariff is 268, I did IB if that explains it
Original post by robotboy123
Hi there,

Or is it better to stay at home and practice saying stuff out loud and learning things and doing sample questions?

At home I woudl say with fam. Courses are there to jsut take your money
Original post by robotboy123
Hi there,

Tbh there's nothing they can do at a course that you can't do at home, but then again, you only get one shot at an interview and should do everything to prepare properly. If you think that the course will help you feel more confident, then go for it. I did a course for £40 and it was it was okay but didn't really tell me anything I didn't know (although I don't regret going)
So on my UCAS track it says my application has been withdrawn/declined, but on my mySIS portal it says that the university is still assessing my application. I don't know which one to believe. I am an international student btw.
Original post by Neala25
So on my UCAS track it says my application has been withdrawn/declined, but on my mySIS portal it says that the university is still assessing my application. I don't know which one to believe. I am an international student btw.

stats??
Original post by Neala25

Barts doesn't update Mysis when they reject you
What are the entry requirements to get an interview if you are a graduate? Is it 50:50 based on UKCAT and degree? Or A Levels as well?

Latest

Trending

Trending