Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, haven't seen a thread like this so thought I would start it.

Barts looks at your application and ranks you on a 50:50 basis with your UCAS tariff points and your UKCAT.

UKCAT: 717.5
    UCAS tariff points: 338

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lattu27)
    Hey guys, haven't seen a thread like this so thought I would start it.

Barts looks at your application and ranks you on a 50:50 basis with your UCAS tariff points and your UKCAT.

UKCAT: 717.5
    UCAS tariff points: 338
    Hi, just wondering how did you get UCAS tariff points of 338? I only got 288 and that's with me getting top scores and doing an additional subjet.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sallymck)
    Hi, just wondering how did you get UCAS tariff points of 338? I only got 288 and that's with me getting top scores and doing an additional subjet.
    Hey, I'm doing 4 A levels, predicted top grades, an EPQ and I have completed LAMDA Drama exams (two Grade 6, two Grade 7 and one Grade 8 and achieved Distinction).

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I'm doing 4 A levels, predicted top grades, an EPQ and I have completed LAMDA Drama exams (two Grade 6, two Grade 7 and one Grade 8 and achieved Distinction).
    Jesus christ you will definitely get an interview

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SpidgetFinner)
    Jesus christ you will definitely get an interview
    ahaha hopefully, I really liked Barts

ReputationRep:
    What? I got 3 A's an my tariff says 152. How did you get 300+? Are you doing 8 A-levels?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HateOCR)
    What? I got 3 A's an my tariff says 152. How did you get 300+? Are you doing 8 A-levels?
    lol no i'm not doing 8 A levels. I'm doing 4 A levels, predicted top grades, an EPQ and I have completed LAMDA Drama exams (two Grade 6, two Grade 7 and one Grade 8 and achieved Distinction).

ReputationRep:
    lol no i'm not doing 8 A levels. I'm doing 4 A levels, predicted top grades, an EPQ and I have completed LAMDA Drama exams (two Grade 6, two Grade 7 and one Grade 8 and achieved Distinction).
    Are you sure you arent using the old tariff system?

ReputationRep:
    Are you sure you arent using the old tariff system?
    I don't think they are - on old system 3As would give you around 360. Theirs would give you some ridiculous number near 800 or so I think

ReputationRep:
    whats your ukcat score. That matters equally as much as your grades do.

ReputationRep:
    whats your ukcat score. That matters equally as much as your grades do.
    I got an average of 717.5 for my UKCAT

ReputationRep:
    I got an average of 717.5 for my UKCAT
    oi u cant get that score cos they only look at academic tariff points so ur drama tings dont count

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lordofthehumans)
    oi u cant get that score cos they only look at academic tariff points so ur drama tings dont count
    ( where does it say that?

ReputationRep:
    Could I even stand a chance with a 200 tariff (A*AAA) and 677.5 UKCAT
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 12345John12345)
    Could I even stand a chance with a 200 tariff (A*AAA) and 677.5 UKCAT
    Looking at the 2017 entry stats, http://www.smd.qmul.ac.uk/undergradu...ne--dentistry/
    For a tariff of 196 you needed a UKCAT total of 2240 (for 3 sections so average of 747)

With the UKCAT average going up, personally I think it's very risky but it's your choice

ReputationRep:
    Looking at the 2017 entry stats, http://www.smd.qmul.ac.uk/undergradu...ne--dentistry/
    For a tariff of 196 you needed a UKCAT total of 2240 (for 3 sections so average of 747)

With the UKCAT average going up, personally I think it's very risky but it's your choice
    Thank you, it is very risky - I don't know if Ill go for it or not.

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys so the UCAS tariff is calculated using your predicted grades for A levels right?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iras)
    Hey guys so the UCAS tariff is calculated using your predicted grades for A levels right?
    Yeah

ReputationRep:
    Do you think its worth applying with a UCAS tariff of 264 and UKCAT of 2490 Band 1 ?
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

I think you have over calculated your UCAS tariff:
    Quote from LAMDA:
    '3) Tariff points are allocated to the highest level of achievement. This means that you cannot gain points for a Grade 6, Grade 7 and Grade 8 within the same subject/pathway.....'

Are you sure that you haven't added all your grade tariffs together? In which case, the only one that will be counted is the Grade 8.
    People that score very highly are usually those who are doing the IB, or those with 4+ A* A Level predictions (or achieved), music grades grade 8 (practical and theory as they are counted separately) etc.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 28, 2018

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.