The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Just got rejected by barts :/ I got 670 ukcat and 1st in Biomedical Sciences, don't know what more I could have done...
Reply 381
Also just got a rejection 750 UKCAT and 2:1 Neuroscience
Original post by Love chicken
Hi there, I’m in the exact same position! Have an interview on the same day at kings... responded to the email asking to reschedule just waiting to hear back..

I got an email yesterday saying that it was rescheduled!
Original post by cheese it up
I got an email yesterday saying that it was rescheduled!

Ok that makes me feel a whole lot better! When did you receive the interview invite?
Original post by strongestpeople
I just quickly scanned last year's thread. There were some invitation offers given out to people who got a first with 617, 637 & 690 ukcat score. But I don't see any people with 2:1 got an interview (nor rejection though). Barts said they weight UKCAT as 50 percent, but it looks like they don't care UKCAT at all.

Ye I'm the guy who got 617. Everyone gets points for getting a 2.1 but will get extra points if they have a 1st, masters (no distinction of classification), or a PhD. I'm guessing that loads of people are applying to Barts so only those with a 1st and/or a Masters/PhD will get an interview.
has anyone had their interview yet? whats it like, v casual/v formal/ somewhere in between?
Original post by Love chicken
Ok that makes me feel a whole lot better! When did you receive the interview invite?

I received the original one five days ago (17/12) and immediately requested a rescheduling. Then the new one arrived Wednesday (20/12). Just to give an overview of the time frame.
Original post by Yipyipee
has anyone had their interview yet? whats it like, v casual/v formal/ somewhere in between?

At the very least wear a long-sleeved shirt. I wore a sweatshirt to my NCL interview and you cannot imagine the regret lol. Everybody else wore suits :///
Rejection.

My stats:

10A*s, 3As at GCSE
A*A*A* Predicted
650 UKCAT
Rejection as well :frown:
44/45 IB, 692.5 UKCAT
wow competition is tough this year, i just can't believe people with really great stats are getting rejected :frown:

PM for any questions you have and for unorthodox tips...
Original post by medicalstudent1
wow competition is tough this year, i just can't believe people with really great stats are getting rejected :frown:

PM for any questions you have and for unorthodox tips...

first year medic here and ive slid into ur dms :smile: dunno if my message sent
Original post by Yipyipee

the interviews arent till Jan but my one in Feb this year was quite relaxed. in terms of clothes obvs wear formal.
Undergrad Medicine: Interview (26th Jan)

Stats
A Levels: A*AA predicted, C achieved at AS
UKCAT: 782.5, Band 1
Last year apparently they had to read an article for the interview?
I haven't received any articles with my interview invitation coz i think we do a group task but I wasn't sure if I just didn't read things properly. anyoen else with an interview not got an article to read?
I got an interview and haven't received an article. They only give you the article 2 weeks before he interview, so that's why you've haven't received anything yet. It's not a group interview either, it's a panel interview.
Original post by SpidgetFinner
first year medic here and ive slid into ur dms :smile: dunno if my message sent

Hey, I've got my interview on the 25th - can you dm me any tips you have??
does anyone have any barts specific interview tips?
Hey guys does anyone know if trousers a shirt and smart sweater is smart enough? Or am I expected to buy a suit?
Original post by manuabs
Hey guys does anyone know if trousers a shirt and smart sweater is smart enough? Or am I expected to buy a suit?

Don't need to have a suit. A smart shirt and trousers would be fine

Latest

Trending

Trending