The Student Room Group
erm doesn't really matter, at the end of it all you get given another sheet to fill in signing to say its your own work etc where title word count all goes anyway. i think mine was title subject area name canddidate number and word count for abstract and essay. though i don't think it matters at all would probs be better for examiner if its slightly aesthetically pleasing :p:
Reply 2
Does acknowledgement and/or abstract come before content page?
hmm i can't remember i think i had the contents page directly after the title page so it appeared on the abstract, otherwise it would leave very little for the actaully essay in terms of a content list. As for the acknowledgement i didn't have one but i think it would go on the contents, this is just me thinking logically though probs best to ask an IBC
first you have the title page, then you have the abstract which MUST come before contents page.
so basically:
title page
abstract
contents
introduction
etc.
etc.

I was told to write it with a font of 12 and line spacing of 1.5 too
I don't have an acknowledgment, what's that?
Reply 5
You don't really need an acknowledgment tbh, it's only if you really wanted to give a little extra credit to someone who may have helped you with the essay and stuff.
sounds a bit lame to me...
Now that you guys are on the topic of cover pages, does anyone know how to do one for a world literature essay? Same as EE one?
Reply 8
arisk01
first you have the title page, then you have the abstract which MUST come before contents page.
so basically:
title page
abstract
contents
introduction
etc.
etc.

I was told to write it with a font of 12 and line spacing of 1.5 too
I don't have an acknowledgment, what's that?

So abstract is not on the contents page? so in my case (english essay with no subtitles) the contents page will look like:

Table of contents
Introduction
Body
Conclusion
Bibliography

looks boring - -
nope abstract isnt on the contents.
it goes before it.
Yeah these guys are right about the abstract, I had put mine after the contents page initially but my supervisor made me change it and put it right after the cover page...

schreursmargaux
Now that you guys are on the topic of cover pages, does anyone know how to do one for a world literature essay? Same as EE one?

Yeah pretty much. I put:

- My title ( big fonts would be better I think, though its upto you)
- My name
- My candidate number
- My centre number
- Session
- Name of my school
- Word count &
- Date of submission
aah okay. session is like May 2008 right? :smile: or any date that your session is. :P

Yup May/Nov 08, or whichever year you're graduating in...glad I could help :wink:
where do i put my research question (for an english A1 ee)? do i need one?
Reply 14
deathlyhallow
where do i put my research question (for an english A1 ee)? do i need one?

Yes, you need one to get points for your introduction...put it in your introduction. something along the lines of "i've come up with the Research Question: How does blabla use bla to creat bla in bla?" make it bold so that the examiner sees it.

what i did was, i rephrased my title into a question.
Yeah thats what I did as well, it was for history, but still I guess it's about the same :smile:
of course you need a research question :s-smilie: what did you do your english esay on what was the title...
No no, I have a research question. I'm not *that* screwed. I just had no idea where to put it, it was my title but that seems a bit contrived for an english essay. It's something like how does blah use the motifs of food and colour to express the inner strength of women in blah and blah. so i guess it's going in my intro :smile: not in my abstract right?
Reply 18
you should consult the criteria it says so pretty clearly...yes introduction:

-a clearly and precisely stated research question

EDIT: it ALSO goes in the abstract

Latest

Trending

Trending