The Student Room Group

Best uni for a media degree? (2018 application)

I've completed my first year of A-levels (AS) and am predicted AAB. A's in media studies and psychology and B in English language. Eng lang and Psych are linear.

I can't decide where to apply to as I'm only allowed 5. I'm interested in Leeds, Surrey, Loughborough, Newcastle, Kent, East Anglia and Royal Holloway (Leeds/Newcastle being Russell Group unis). In terms of grades, I meet all the requirements and I really want to apply to Leeds/Newcastle but I'm a bit concerned about the cities' reputation/safety :/

I've looked on numerous websites and these unis are the top for media, however, I'm still extremely confused as to which one to apply to. King's was also on my list but I decided to remove it as I found that it was less creative and too technical.

Any advice on student life/diversity/course structure/employment? :smile:
I cant speak about any of these unis but you may want to go onto the forums for those particular unis and ask about things like accomodation, teaching ect. It will be easier to find people who have been there and know what it is like. You may find that you like the sound of a certain area more, or you may prefer the teaching styles of a certain uni. Find others who have been to those unis and have done that course (or a similar one) and ask them about it.
Original post by lemoncow
I've completed my first year of A-levels (AS) and am predicted AAB. A's in media studies and psychology and B in English language. Eng lang and Psych are linear.

I can't decide where to apply to as I'm only allowed 5. I'm interested in Leeds, Surrey, Loughborough, Newcastle, Kent, East Anglia and Royal Holloway (Leeds/Newcastle being Russell Group unis). In terms of grades, I meet all the requirements and I really want to apply to Leeds/Newcastle but I'm a bit concerned about the cities' reputation/safety :/

I've looked on numerous websites and these unis are the top for media, however, I'm still extremely confused as to which one to apply to. King's was also on my list but I decided to remove it as I found that it was less creative and too technical.

Any advice on student life/diversity/course structure/employment? :smile:

Hi Lemoncow,

I have recently graduated from the Media Arts department at Royal Holloway. I definitely second what another user suggested about heading onto all the university forums you're interested in and asking around, attending Open Days, and seeing if it's a right fit for you.

If you have any questions about Media Arts at Royal Holloway I'd be happy to help!

:smile: Summer

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending