The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by JennyB85
It will be about an hour and a half on the train and the station is a stones throw from my house. I’m thinking train will be best as I can study whilst travelling. Otherwise it’ll be about an hours drive (not sure how much longer rush hour will add to that tho).

1.5 hours is quite long but I think you're absolutely right, you can utilise that time quite well for studying while driving would probably be much more stressful and you couldn't get anything done while driving.

I have only been reading on here sparsely up till now, so you might have mentioned it before, but how long ago did you graduate?

I graduated in 2014 and feel soooooo rusty! Especially as I didn't work in a related field but only customer service stuff :biggrin:
Original post by Usherl0ck
1.5 hours is quite long but I think you're absolutely right, you can utilise that time quite well for studying while driving would probably be much more stressful and you couldn't get anything done while driving.

I have only been reading on here sparsely up till now, so you might have mentioned it before, but how long ago did you graduate?

I graduated in 2014 and feel soooooo rusty! Especially as I didn't work in a related field but only customer service stuff :biggrin:

I finish this summer! What did you do your degree in?
If you want to send me your email I can send you the pdf textbooks from my human bio module, I think they will be a good refresher.
Original post by James_tattersall
Never worked at the Vic. I worked mostly in Manchester but now I'm on solely agency work for the foreseeable future.

I've had an offer from Keele and it's a really tough choice between a nice small cohort and great facilities at Keele and a great lifestyle and convenience at Liverpool.

I only applied to Liverpool so my deciding is already done 😂
I finish this summer! What did you do your degree in?
If you want to send me your email I can send you the pdf textbooks from my human bio module, I think they will be a good refresher.

I did a BSc in ‘Medical Physiology’, which was a really good mix of different disciplines (some pharma, some biochem etc) but not great to go straight into employment as it isn’t specified enough and doesn’t lead to a career as such...

I kept all my textbooks and did just a bit of revising for the GAMSAT, which I sat in March 2017 but even that I mainly just relied on logic rather than factual knowledge 😅

But I wouldn’t mind taking you up on the offer if that’s ok? I’ll pm my email :smile:

What is your degree in?
Original post by James_tattersall
Never worked at the Vic. I worked mostly in Manchester but now I'm on solely agency work for the foreseeable future.

I've had an offer from Keele and it's a really tough choice between a nice small cohort and great facilities at Keele and a great lifestyle and convenience at Liverpool.

Im from Blackpool as well originally. Still working at the Vic though. What a small world! Unfortunately I didn’t get an offer from Liverpool...
(edited 6 years ago)
No way! I saw from an earlier post that you are a nurse? Do you ever work work at the vic?
Are you definitely going to Liverpool or do you have offers from elsewhere?

No way! I saw from an earlier post that you are a nurse? Do you ever work work at the vic?
Are you definitely going to Liverpool or do you have offers from elsewhere?

I work at the vic as well! Which ward? Unfortunately I didn’t get an offer from Liverpool. We could have been classmates. Hehe.
Original post by BenjSmudge
I work at the vic as well! Which ward? Unfortunately I didn’t get an offer from Liverpool. We could have been classmates. Hehe.

I’m a phlebo! I bench as well thought as a hca (mostly on ward 14 these days), when I first started I worked on ward 11.

What ward are you on?
Have you got any offers from elsewhere?
(edited 6 years ago)
I’m a phlebo! I bench as well thought as a hca (mostly on ward 14 these days), when I first started I worked on ward 11.

What ward are you on?
Have you got any offers from elsewhere?

I work in General ITU.
I have offers from Lancaster, Keele and Bristol. I have firmed Lancaster since I didn’t get an offer Liverpool.
I guess it’s close enough as I’m now based in Wigan.
Might see you around the hospital then. :smile:
Original post by Usherl0ck
I did a BSc in ‘Medical Physiology’, which was a really good mix of different disciplines (some pharma, some biochem etc) but not great to go straight into employment as it isn’t specified enough and doesn’t lead to a career as such...

I kept all my textbooks and did just a bit of revising for the GAMSAT, which I sat in March 2017 but even that I mainly just relied on logic rather than factual knowledge 😅

But I wouldn’t mind taking you up on the offer if that’s ok? I’ll pm my email :smile:

What is your degree in?

It will be in Natural sciences - Biology pathway, but there is a lot of maths and physics mixed in there because that’s what I originally set out doing.
Original post by emm4l0uise
How did you get this feedback I rang and they said to write to them but I wasn't sure if that meant email or proper letter.

Could I ask this post be deleted to remove my quotation?
Many thanks!
Original post by malke
Congratulations to those of you with offers. Has anyone who didn't get an offer successfully received feedback?

Yes, email them asking for feedback and it comes within a few days, all scores from MMI’s, quite useful.
I have applied for accommodation even though I haven’t firmed/insured yet so is this allowed?? Aha
I don’t think you can .
Is there an area where medics tend to stay.? I’ve only just received my final offer , so not holding out much hope of getting my choices!☹️. I would prefer catered.
As lpl have given out so many offers do people think they might still accept AAB?
Original post by paddlecells
Do you know how many they’ve given out this year? And they will maybe accept AAB if they go into clearing again

I think someone said they have given out more to not go into clearing so are less likely going to give out AAB
Did anyoneee get any information about the health questionnaire or the dbs check? Pls answerrr
Original post by Leicester hope
Did anyoneee get any information about the health questionnaire or the dbs check? Pls answerrr

I don’t think we will get anything until after a level results day. I had an email from them saying a welcome pack will be sent shortly before the start of the term.
Just wanted to say best of luck to everyone starting this September. I hope you all love your time in Liverpool as much as I did, it’s a truly amazing city. I somehow managed to find my way into a graduate 4 year medicine course at University of Nottingham and put this as my first choice.
Once again, good luck!
Reply 1478
Congratulations to you and thank you so much for all your help and support on this thread. Best of luck.
Original post by eilidhchambe
Just wanted to say best of luck to everyone starting this September. I hope you all love your time in Liverpool as much as I did, it’s a truly amazing city. I somehow managed to find my way into a graduate 4 year medicine course at University of Nottingham and put this as my first choice.
Once again, good luck!

Noooooooooooooo 😭😭😭😭😭😭

I mean, well done 👍 you have every bit earned your place there. I wish you all the best and hope you really enjoy your time at Nottingham. Even if I (and I’m sure quite a few others) am a bit gutted you won’t be in Liverpool with us.
Xxx

Latest

Trending

Trending