The Student Room Group

Opening a santander student account

I'm opening a santander student account online, but i am confused by this question:
"What is the purpose of the new account?"- options: primary account, secondary account, bill payment account, household maintenance.

What is the difference between them? I will receive my maintenance loan through Santander, and the majority of my spending will be through it too.

I have a current account elsewhere (I will keep it), and but the majority of my spending will be on the santander account.

thank you!!
Original post by kimberry50
I'm opening a santander student account online, but i am confused by this question:
"What is the purpose of the new account?"- options: primary account, secondary account, bill payment account, household maintenance.

What is the difference between them? I will receive my maintenance loan through Santander, and the majority of my spending will be through it too.

I have a current account elsewhere (I will keep it), and but the majority of my spending will be on the santander account.

thank you!!

Primary account - pick that one.
Reply 2

thank you!!

So it's going to be your primary account then..
Reply 3
Original post by Blue_Cow
Primary account - pick that one.

Original post by IWMTom
So it's going to be your primary account then..

thanks
Im just confused by the household maintenance option- what does that one mean?
thanks

Repairs to your home etc. Don't worry about it.
Reply 5
thanks

An account used for household maintenance, I'd imagine? The purpose of the account really doesn't matter in the slightest.
Reply 6
Original post by Blue_Cow
Repairs to your home etc. Don't worry about it.

hahah ok thanks
best hope that i won't be the one responsible for decimating my accommodation then
Reply 7
Original post by IWMTom
An account used for household maintenance, I'd imagine? The purpose of the account really doesn't matter in the slightest.

that clears up a lot- thanks
hahah ok thanks
best hope that i won't be the one responsible for decimating my accommodation then

It's alright - if you do, it'll come out of your accommodation deposit anyway :wink:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending