The Student Room Group

Should I lie about my GCSEs to get into A-Level college?

basically, long story short. I failed GCSE maths and got a D (3) and I needed a C (4) to get into my course for college A-Levels (NOT university). I really can't be bothered to redo maths, I just want to get on with my course. I've been accepted into my course but tomorrow is the enrolement day, where I need to bring in my GCSE results to prove I got the required results. If my grades are below the necessary, they'll kick me off the course. I'm thinking of getting a digital copy of my results and changing the D (3) into a C (4) and then printing it out, but I'm worried that they have some kind of system that they can check to see if I'm lying. If they catch me, they'll kick me off the course completely. Please can someone tell me what to do before tomorrow. Thanks!

(P.S. The numbers are now the new grading system, so a 3 is a grade D and a 4 is a grade C and so on...)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Jessy Tego
basically, long story short. I failed GCSE maths and got a D (3) and I needed a C (4) to get into my course for college A-Levels (NOT university). I really can't be bothered to redo maths, I just want to get on with my course. I've been accepted into my course but tomorrow is the enrolement day, where I need to bring in my GCSE results to prove I got the required results. If my grades are below the necessary, they'll kick me off the course. I'm thinking of getting a digital copy of my results and changing the D (3) into a C (4) and then printing it out, but I'm worried that they have some kind of system that they can check to see if I'm lying. If they catch me, they'll kick me off the course completely. Please can someone tell me what to do before tomorrow. Thanks!

(P.S. The numbers are now the new grading system, so a 3 is a grade D and a 4 is a grade C and so on...)

It would be a fraud, so not really cool.
Why stop at 4 , when you could go for a 9 or even a 10?
They will be able to check your grades very easily so theres no point lying lol. Best just to resit and try again next year

That's fraud.

You will be caught sooner or later. When you submit a UCAS application, you need to declare every grade, and your college will need to verify them BEFORE the application gets sent to the university on their UCAS Advisor portal, and they will do that against what you declared during enrollment.

If you do decide to defraud the college, you quite frankly deserve to be kicked out and more.
(edited 6 years ago)
No.
Reply 5
Original post by spacenerd98
They will be able to check your grades very easily so theres no point lying lol. Best just to resit and try again next year

Yeah that would definitively be a safer bet.
It's like illegal to change the sheet
Even the least competitive sixth forms require verification of GCSE results.

You producing a fake GCSE results sheet will backfire. 110%. Even the smallest inconsistency and faculty will know. And that will likely see your place in sixth form revoked; a change of course would be the least of your worries.

Most sixth forms are willing to accept you onto courses (barring maths A Levels, science A Levels etc.) even if you don't have your C in maths, on the understanding that you will resit the maths GCSE in either the November sitting or June sitting.

Do not jeopardise your future by pulling a stupid stunt.
Reply 8
Original post by Blue_Cow
That's fraud.

You will be caught sooner or later. When you submit a UCAS application, you need to declare every grade, and your college will need to verify them BEFORE the application gets sent to the university on their UCAS Advisor portal, and they will do that against what you declared during enrollment.

If you do decide to defraud the college, you quite frankly deserve to be kicked out and more.

PRSOM.

It's important to never lie about your GCSE's or fake your GCSE results sheet. If the college finds out, they have every right to kick you out of college.
Hopefully severe enough to gain her a criminal record. Deserves it.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by The RAR
If the Sixth Form is not competitive then I doubt they will bother checking their students GCSE results, it's worth a shot but there is a 45% chance you will get caught, is it really worth the risk? I too unfortunately didn't get the required grades and I am thinking of lying to my Sixth Form about my GCSE results and bring fake evidence to show it but at the same time I am also thinking of the risks and consequences that come with it, the risks are simply too hurtful if you are unlucky enough to be caught up in them.

You are aware that the sixth form already have your real GCSE results, aren't you?

Your secondary school usually sends all of your GCSE results to your new college/sixth form before you even have your enrolment interview; I know this because they had my GCSE results in their folders before I'd even shown them my results slip.
Nooooo

You only needed 18% to pass allegedly. How can you fail something as simple as that
Reply 13
I'm not going to even bother reading the post.

The answer is already no.
Original post by 999tigger
It would be a fraud, so not really cool.
Why stop at 4 , when you could go for a 9 or even a 10?

I might change mine to a ten - good idea :wink:
Reply 15
Hopefully severe enough to gain her a criminal record. Deserves it.

Why would you wish that upon someone just starting their life? Kind of sick.
Reply 16
Original post by squeakysquirrel
You only needed 18% to pass allegedly. How can you fail something as simple as that

That's not true. Out of 240 marks, you needed 160 to pass. I got around 120.
Why would you wish that upon someone just starting their life? Kind of sick.

Why?

Because they are lying to a college when other people worked for their grades in order to meet the entry requirement, wasted teaching time and also potentially took someone's place.

I have no sympathy for fraudsters, and they should feel the full force of the law regardless of age.
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 18
Thanks for the help guys, I don't think I'll lie. I'll just have to grin and bear it. Some people on this forum are clearly toxic but the majority have been really helpful.
Reply 19
Why?

Because they are lying to a college when other people worked for their grades in order to meet the entry requirement, wasted teaching time and also potentially took someone's place.

I have no sympathy for fraudsters, and they should feel the full force of the law regardless of age.

Woah, someone really done you dirty. You acc think like a robot. Do you have aspurges? The bloke even said it was an empty space. Quite frankly you just seem like a moany old prick and probably don't have many friends. If someone's that enthusiastic that they decide to lie about their grades when the rest are A*s then they clearly aren't wasting the teachers time you idiot.

Quick Reply

Latest