The Student Room Group

Wildlife Conservation or Zoology? Which should I take to learn biological skills?

Its either wildlife conservation at nottingham trent or zoology at hull. Zoology does have the modules I want however i would rather not move from home so was wondering if anyone knows if nottingham trent wildlife conservation course teaches evolutionary and biological modules?
Or if they dont as much would this hold me pack when applying for internships with wildlife research groups and masters degrees? Thanks! I really need help on this one.
Original post by RWhyles1
Its either wildlife conservation at nottingham trent or zoology at hull. Zoology does have the modules I want however i would rather not move from home so was wondering if anyone knows if nottingham trent wildlife conservation course teaches evolutionary and biological modules?
Or if they dont as much would this hold me pack when applying for internships with wildlife research groups and masters degrees? Thanks! I really need help on this one.

The course webpages will have info on what will be taught including optional modules and if those are subject areas you want to study later then yes not studying them will hold you back.
Original post by RWhyles1

Hi RWhyles1,

Sorry for the slow reply! Great to hear that you are considering joining us at NTU!

There are indeed modules that cover evolutionary and biological topics, specifically including the Year One modules Applied Anatomy and Physiology and Biodiversity Conservation and the Year Two modules Behavioural and Evolutionary Ecology and Wildlife Population Biology’. There’s more information about the Wildlife conservation course on our website.

We have an open day coming up on Saturday 7 October, it is a great chance to be able to talk to academic staff and current students. On the day there will also be subject talks, tours of the facilities and the campus and a chance to talk to our Accommodation Team.

If you want to find out more about the day and reserve your place, here’s the link!

Hope this helps, if you have any other questions don’t hesitate to ask :smile:
Chris - NTU Rep

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending