The Student Room Group

If you are good at German please HELP

I normally do well in academics but I am terrible at German. In my exams I am just clinging on a pass grade which is a Grade 4. I want to try harder and try and get higher than my teachers expectations of me. Has anyone got any good tips especially for writing and speaking? (By the way I already do Memrise)
Original post by HannahA2745
I normally do well in academics but I am terrible at German. In my exams I am just clinging on a pass grade which is a Grade 4. I want to try harder and try and get higher than my teachers expectations of me. Has anyone got any good tips especially for writing and speaking? (By the way I already do Memrise)

I got an a star in gcse by knowing the vocabulary and listening to German music for listening exams but I think the spec has changed.... Definitely listen to German music and watch films in German it helps with listening a lot
Reply 2
I got an A in german in GCSE mainly because I use dict.cc to look up words I don't know, especially before the reading exam. if you are familiar with a certain topic then that can also really help. There was one question on videogames last year and that really helped a lot because I already know about the subject. (I know that the spec has changed now so you have to translate and things like that) Also, don't forget that the examiners like picking certain words like

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending