The Student Room Group

will Oxford still consider me?

I got 1 A* and 8A and 1B at IGCSE, are these grades good enough for Oxbridge if I get the required A level results? I want to study Law at Oxford and I need AAA, if I didn't get those would I never get in.

help and advice needed, please. thanks in advance.
Original post by Hannahp2000
I got 1 A* and 8A and 1B at IGCSE, are these grades good enough for Oxbridge if I get the required A level results? I want to study Law at Oxford and I need AAA, if I didn't get those would I never get in.

Jurisprudence (Oxford) has an admissions test - the LNAT. Do well enough in that, and I don't think that your GCSEs will hold you back.
Original post by RogerOxon
Jurisprudence (Oxford) has an admissions test - the LNAT. Do well enough in that, and I don't think that your GCSEs will hold you back.

Thanks for the tag.

Law is very competitive and attracts applicants from overseas as well as the UK. You would probably need to demonstrate potential on the LNAT as the iGCSE profile is below average. The selectors also need to be confident that offer holders will achieve AAA or better so any doubts in this area are not good.
Reply 3
Original post by BrasenoseAdm
Thanks for the tag.

Law is very competitive and attracts applicants from overseas as well as the UK. You would probably need to demonstrate potential on the LNAT as the iGCSE profile is below average. The selectors also need to be confident that offer holders will achieve AAA or better so any doubts in this area are not good.

Thank you. what is the average IGCSE profile then?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending