The Student Room Group

A levels for mathematical(computer science) or medical line

I am still undecided about my career path but have several work experience placements over the next year including shifts at a hospital/care home and working on computer science projects (some of which I've already done this summer). The trouble is, I won't be able to change my A-level subjects once I've decided, so what is the best combination of A-level subjects to keep my options open for both of them? I also plan to do an EPQ after the initial work experience.

I plan to do 4 A-levels and have decided on maths and further maths but the remaining 2 can be from biology, chemistry, physics and economics, so which 2 should I pick? Or would it be a better idea to do 5?
You NEED chem in case you decide medicine
Original post by Alaskanbullworm
I am still undecided about my career path but have several work experience placements over the next year including shifts at a hospital/care home and working on computer science projects (some of which I've already done this summer). The trouble is, I won't be able to change my A-level subjects once I've decided, so what is the best combination of A-level subjects to keep my options open for both of them? I also plan to do an EPQ after the initial work experience.

I plan to do 4 A-levels and have decided on maths and further maths but the remaining 2 can be from biology, chemistry, physics and economics, so which 2 should I pick? Or would it be a better idea to do 5?

Bio and Chem, I'd have thought.

I'd say Economics is the easiest to discount.

You'd need Chemistry for medicine.

Then it's between Bio and Physics. I'd maybe say Biology, since you've got the two maths subjects to cover you for mathematical uni courses. But really, it'd probably be easier if you knew what degree you wanted to do. :p:
bump

Quick Reply

Latest