The Student Room Group

What subjects should someone take for Computer Science at University?

I have a friend who wants to take Economics, Business Studies, and Mathematics at A level and plans to study Computer Science at University is this possible?
Original post by anormalstudent1
I have a friend who wants to take Economics, Business Studies, and Mathematics at A level and plans to study Computer Science at University is this possible?

It is. For Computer Science, the subject requested by universities more than any other is Mathematics. You might see other subjects thrown in occasionally, like Further Mathematics or Computer Science itself, or sometimes just "science subjects". But the majority with just ask for Mathematics.
Reply 2
Yes , most universities will require computer science a science or maths which they already have some will ask for no specific subjects , so there is still plenty of ways to get into computer science without taking it as an a level
Reply 3
Original post by anormalstudent1

Economics and Business studies have quite a bit of overlap. I would recommend replacing Business studies with something else like computer science, physics or further maths (or anything else).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending