The Student Room Group

Getting into Columbia with a 2:2 in the Uk

Would an outstanding LSAT give me a shot at Columbia albeit the 2:2? Allong with work experience
no.
Unless your experience is running the tax department at Slaughter & May, you're going to struggle.
Unless you are a URM (underrepresented minority) the chance would be pretty low, even with a near perfect LSAT. Columbia has a soft GPA floor of 3.5 out of 4.0, and a UK 2.2 is about the equivalent of a 3.0 GPA which is a pretty big gap.
Original post by JohnGreek
He'd probably get rejected by the machine that receives the applications :redface: Shame that they'd never read about him reaching partner at the age of... 20?

Coincidentally, Steve Edge, the top tax dog at S&M got a 2:2 (back in 1882, mind) ... May be Mr Edge is OP looking for a new direction, a new challenge.
Original post by plaw97
Would an outstanding LSAT give me a shot at Columbia albeit the 2:2? Allong with work experience

Definitely not going to happen. You might stand a chance at the tier 3 and 4 law schools (at the bottom of the barrel for law school rankings) according to your average, but I highly do not recommend applying for these unis at all.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending