The Student Room Group

Taking a year out (2nd year)

So I'm in a bit of an awkward situation. I have re-enrolled for 2nd year a few weeks back and now I am questioning whether I'm on the right course and freaking out about going back as obviously if it is the wrong course I'm gonna lose another year of funding and basically waste a year.
So my plan is to take a year out, and then I have a year to decide if I want to go back or not. Has anyone else done anything like this? I don't know how things will work with SFE if I decide to not go back etc?
Who decided it was at this age we have to decide what to do for the rest of our lives :bawling:
If anyone can give me any help or advice around this situation it would be greatly appreciated!
Original post by sarahjp7
So I'm in a bit of an awkward situation. I have re-enrolled for 2nd year a few weeks back and now I am questioning whether I'm on the right course and freaking out about going back as obviously if it is the wrong course I'm gonna lose another year of funding and basically waste a year.
So my plan is to take a year out, and then I have a year to decide if I want to go back or not. Has anyone else done anything like this? I don't know how things will work with SFE if I decide to not go back etc?
Who decided it was at this age we have to decide what to do for the rest of our lives :bawling:
If anyone can give me any help or advice around this situation it would be greatly appreciated!

If you decide not to go back then you would just pay the loan back once you were over the amount to earn to pay it back, it would be no different to if you had graduated.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending