The Student Room Group

Retaking 2nd year

Hi I just did my 2nd year resits and I’m really scared that I failed them. I’ve had a really hard year and haven’t performed anywhere near as well as I wanted to due to my poor mental health. Do you reckon they will let me retake 2nd year? Or will I get kicked off my course? I’m very stressed and I want to get my degree!!
Original post by Pumpkinseed22
Hi I just did my 2nd year resits and I’m really scared that I failed them. I’ve had a really hard year and haven’t performed anywhere near as well as I wanted to due to my poor mental health. Do you reckon they will let me retake 2nd year? Or will I get kicked off my course? I’m very stressed and I want to get my degree!!

First thing don’t panic over that. I know it is very stressful. In my uni if I fail the same module twice they don’t normally let me take another year. If it is your first time for 2nd year it should not be a problem.

Contact your resit board of examiners or your faculty leader. Explain your mental health problem, send them email explaining your difficulties and arrange a meeting/video call with them. Wait for their decision and hopefully they will let you repeat the year.

Mental health problems can trigger again anytime in uni days when you retake your year. It is important for you to go through your uni procedure (EXTENUATING CIRCUMSTANCES) before deadline or exam date to extend your deadline of coursework/ take an exam in another date without cap your grade. And it will be on the record as well so uni cannot kick you out that easy.
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 2
Original post by Isaac CH
First thing don’t panic over that. I know it is very stressful. In my uni if I fail the same module twice they don’t normally let me take another year. If it is your first time for 2nd year it should not be a problem.

Contact your resit board of examiners or your faculty leader. Explain your mental health problem, send them email explaining your difficulties and arrange a meeting/video call with them. Wait for their decision and hopefully they will let you repeat the year.

Mental health problems can trigger again anytime in uni days when you retake your year. It is important for you to go through your uni procedure (EXTENUATING CIRCUMSTANCES) before deadline or exam date to extend your deadline of coursework/ take an exam in another date without cap your grade. And it will be on the record as well so uni cannot kick you out that easy.

Thank you so much! I have a meeting on Wednesday and will try to see if I can do anything. If not, I don’t mind resitting :smile: I just figured I’d try get answers because I have not heard back for my mitigating circumstances and I applied in March. Seemed a bit unfair on me, but I’m done with the crying and am just looking forward to getting this year over with!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending