The Student Room Group
The Quad, Middlesex University
Middlesex University
London

Middlesex University applicants chat thread and FAQ 2018

Hi everyone!

If you're thinking about applying to Middlesex University for 2018, this is the place to be! You can chat to each other about what's going on, and ask us any questions. We're here to tell you everything you need to know, from student life, to how to do an application
We are students here ourselves, so do not be afraid to ask :smile:

Kick things off by answering a couple of questions about yourself if you fancy it...

What course are you thinking of applying for?
What's the most exciting thing about going to uni?
What are you most nervous about?
Are you coming to an open day?

Good luck with your applications!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Middlesex University
Hi everyone!

If you're thinking about applying to Middlesex University for 2018, this is the place to be! You can chat to each other about what's going on, and ask us any questions. We're here to tell you everything you need to know, from student life, to how to do an application

Kick things off by answering a couple of questions about yourself if you fancy it...

Hi there I am thinking of applying for Midwifery at middlesex.
I just want to know how many students for midwifery does the uni take on?
And are there currently any male midwifery students?
The Quad, Middlesex University
Middlesex University
London
Original post by aspire.1a
Hi there I am thinking of applying for Midwifery at middlesex.
I just want to know how many students for midwifery does the uni take on?
And are there currently any male midwifery students?

Hello,

it varies per year, but usually there are 20-30 students per stream, and the streams rotate between placement and teaching.
In terms of male students, we have some :smile: Not as many as females but we welcome diversity! So, we have many lecturers, technicians and support staff that are both males and females :smile:

We are running an open day on the 7th of October, if you would like to have a look at our amazing facilities and have a chat with current students and staff.
You can book your place here: www.mdx.ac.uk/opendays

Have a great day
Ludovica
Hello,

it varies per year, but usually there are 20-30 students per stream, and the streams rotate between placement and teaching.
In terms of male students, we have some :smile: Not as many as females but we welcome diversity! So, we have many lecturers, technicians and support staff that are both males and females :smile:

We are running an open day on the 7th of October, if you would like to have a look at our amazing facilities and have a chat with current students and staff.

Have a great day
Ludovica

Oh wow okay. Im a bit apprenhensive with the literacy and numeracy tests. Is there any way that I am able to prepare for them??
Oh wow okay. Im a bit apprenhensive with the literacy and numeracy tests. Is there any way that I am able to prepare for them??

Hello,
Don't worry about the tests, I am sure it will be fine :smile:
This page on our website may be useful, it links to some external resources about the tests: https://www.mdx.ac.uk/courses/help-with-your-application/undergraduate-application/interviews/nursing.

Have a great weekend and let me know if you have any questions :smile:
Ludovica
Hello,
Don't worry about the tests, I am sure it will be fine :smile:
This page on our website may be useful, it links to some external resources about the tests: https://www.mdx.ac.uk/courses/help-with-your-application/undergraduate-application/interviews/nursing.

Have a great weekend and let me know if you have any questions :smile:
Ludovica

Im just a bit worried about the tests as if I do not pass them I will not be accepted onto the course.
I just want to know how many males there are on your course?
Im just a bit worried about the tests as if I do not pass them I will not be accepted onto the course.
I just want to know how many males there are on your course?

Hello,

I am sure it will be fine, just prepare yourself as much as possible and it will be absolutely fine :smile:
Last year we had 4 male students, not sure about this year.

Let me know if you have any other questions!
Have a lovely day and good luck :smile:
Ludovica
Hello,

I am sure it will be fine, just prepare yourself as much as possible and it will be absolutely fine :smile:
Last year we had 4 male students, not sure about this year.

Have a lovely day and good luck :smile:
Ludovica

Four male students studying Midwifery?
And would u suggest me to study Midiwfery at middlesex? Is it a good uni? People are telling me not to go
What year r u in currently? And when do the new midwifery students start uni?
Four male students studying Midwifery?
And would u suggest me to study Midiwfery at middlesex? Is it a good uni? People are telling me not to go
What year r u in currently? And when do the new midwifery students start uni?

Hello,

I am doing a Masters in Marketing, but I have some friends that are studying Midwifery!
They said that the course is really good and that the lecturers are very supportive. Our industry-standard equipment allows you to gain practical skills and experience in a safe learning environment!
You can have a look at what it is like here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s46y34rt0Rs

Why don't you come to our next open day?
I will happily show you around :smile:
You can book your place here www.mdx.ac.uk/opendays

Have a great day
Ludovica
Hi everyone!

Hello I am thinking of applying at middlesex university for child nursing. I just wanted to ask do you do placements?

Also what is the entrance exam like? Intermediate?

Thanks you
Hello,

I am doing a Masters in Marketing, but I have some friends that are studying Midwifery!
They said that the course is really good and that the lecturers are very supportive. Our industry-standard equipment allows you to gain practical skills and experience in a safe learning environment!
You can have a look at what it is like here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s46y34rt0Rs

Why don't you come to our next open day?
I will happily show you around :smile:
You can book your place here www.mdx.ac.uk/opendays

Have a great day
Ludovica

Hi there, i have already been to an open day last year thanks! Do u knw how many male students studying midwifery currently?????
Original post by MiszShortee786
Hello I am thinking of applying at middlesex university for child nursing. I just wanted to ask do you do placements?

Also what is the entrance exam like? Intermediate?

Thanks you

Hello,

Thank you for your interest!
Yes, you will have a placement every year, it will come up to be a forth of your yearly academic credits :smile: You will be assigned to an hospital
For the exam, you can have a look here: https://www.mdx.ac.uk/courses/help-with-your-application/undergraduate-application/interviews/nursing

We are running an open day on the 7th of October, if you want to come and have a look yourself :smile:

Have a great day
Ludovica
What course are you thinking of applying for? illustration
What's the most exciting thing about going to uni? doing a subject im passionate about :+)
What are you most nervous about? making friends there, being away from home
Are you coming to an open day? already been! went to the one in summer
Reply 13
What course are you thinking of applying for? Computer Science
What's the most exciting thing about going to uni? doing something I'm passionate about
What are you most nervous about? being an international student, it's the distance from home. :frown:
Are you coming to an open day? Yup on 25th november
Hi everyone!

Hi,

I'm interested in studying economics at Middlesex university. Firstly, I'm unsure whether to choose BA or BSC economics. Also, I'm unsure whether it's possible to study a modern foreign language at the university (that isn't part of the course).

Thanks very much for giving me the option to ask these questions, I hope the questions I've asked can be answered.

All the best
Original post by MY_NAME_IS_JEFF1
Hi,

I'm interested in studying economics at Middlesex university. Firstly, I'm unsure whether to choose BA or BSC economics. Also, I'm unsure whether it's possible to study a modern foreign language at the university (that isn't part of the course).

Thanks very much for giving me the option to ask these questions, I hope the questions I've asked can be answered.

All the best

Hello!

Nice to hear that you are interested in studying Economics at Middlesex :smile:
The main difference between the two courses is that BSc focuses on the mathematical side of economics. However, if in the BA you take up mathematics and econometrics, there won't be much difference with the BSc.

You can have a look at this video about our economics courses: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LVp2VrmM0wc

We are also running an open day on the 22nd of November, if you want to have a look at the campus, meet current students and staff :smile: Here is the link to book: www.mdx.ac/opendays

Yes, you can learn another language while you study here :smile: We pair students with students, so you meet friends and learn another language :smile: Have a look at this unihub.ac.uk/language

Let me know if you have any other question!
Have a lovely day
Ludovica
Hi I am planning on studying biomedical sciences
can you tell me about the dorm rooms and how they look. can you request a room with an en suite and a double bed?
do middlesex get any private school students?
also what is the nightlife like ? is it good?
Hello, I have an unconditional offer from Middlesex for Network Managment and Cloud Computing.

could anyone provide me with any further details about course content besides the Info on the course page?
Original post by Ahmed Fakkar
Hello, I have an unconditional offer from Middlesex for Network Managment and Cloud Computing.

could anyone provide me with any further details about course content besides the Info on the course page?

Hello,

Congratulations on your unconditional offer!
Do you have any specific question you would like to ask?

Thank you!
Ludovica
Original post by sophia315
Hi I am planning on studying biomedical sciences
can you tell me about the dorm rooms and how they look. can you request a room with an en suite and a double bed?
do middlesex get any private school students?
also what is the nightlife like ? is it good?

Hello Sophia315,

Sorry, I missed this comment.
That is great that you are planning on studying with us!
You can have a look at the rooms here: http://www.mdx.ac.uk/life-at-middlesex/accommodation/halls-of-residence

We offer different kind of accommodation, some are ensuit others are not. The new halls in Olympic way have a double bed :smile:
Have a look at the link and let me know if you have any questions!

Have a great weekend
Ludovica

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending