The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Reply 1
Natalie86
I was told on the open day that Warwick don't mind you having visitors for up to 3nights. Do any current students know how common it is to have friends stay with you over night and also where on earth are they meant to park? From the Welcome Pack it seems like you need a permit to park anywhere and even then you can only park in the day. Is there an overnight car park? Thanks x

How long your vistors can stay for varies greatly - officially I believe you are allowed to have visitors for up to 2 nights (though it may be 3 as you say) over the weekend (i.e. Friday and Saturday nights) so that they don't interfere with your studies! Depending on how lovely your warden person and/or cleaning lady is though, it may be possible to have them stay for longer or mid-week if you want. Nearly everyone I know had someone to stay at some point (mostly boyfriends/girlfriends but a few just friends too), though I don't know if that is representative! With regard to parking, I'm not sure officially where they can park - if it's during the week then they can probably get some kind of temporary permit from security or there may be a pay-and-display car park on campus. At the weekend I think there are places where you don't need to pay to park though (e.g. outside Jack Martin). Don't hold me to that though...
Hope that helps.
Jenn xx
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Latest