The Student Room Group

What's your favourite European language?

Poll

What is your favourite European Language?

It is the official European Language day on the 26th September!

To celebrate, we want to ask you guys what is your favourite European Language? Does it change depending on if you are listening to it, or if you are speaking it?
According to wikipedia, there are 117 European languages or dialects, with the 5 most commonly spoken being Russian, German, French, Italian and English, each with over 50 million native speakers.
As part of celebrating European Languages Day, you can take part in a quiz here, learn some languages trivia here, or finally find out more about the day as a whole here.
Enjoy!

Scroll to see replies

I like the sound of Italian the most.
Italian is mine fav
was born in italy
Spanish and Italian

Spoiler

Icelandic!
Sokovian.
Reply 6
English,Spanish,French.
Original post by Lemur14

It is the official European Language day on the 26th September!

To celebrate, we want to ask you guys what is your favourite European Language? Does it change depending on if you are listening to it, or if you are speaking it?
According to wikipedia, there are 117 European languages or dialects, with the 5 most commonly spoken being Russian, German, French, Italian and English, each with over 50 million native speakers.
As part of celebrating European Languages Day, you can take part in a quiz here, learn some languages trivia here, or finally find out more about the day as a whole here.
Enjoy!

Love them all :smile: if I could I would learn all of them, but at the moment I'm a bit basic lol only learning French, Spanish, German. But seriously I don't know what it is but I LOVE languages and learning them too :smile:))))))) happy European Language day!!
Reply 8
Italian below German?
Spanish above French?
Disappointed...
Original post by alextheowl
I like the sound of Italian the most.

Original post by princess770
Italian is mine fav
was born in italy

Italian is a really cool language! My friend is Italian and when she speaks it sounds amazing!
Original post by CallMeSosa
Spanish and Italian

Spoiler

Those are both very interesting languages

Spoiler

Original post by Amusing Elk
Icelandic!

Original post by KingsAtlas
Sokovian.

I don't think I've ever heard either of those!
Original post by Lucasta
English,Spanish,French.

All very useful languages! Do you speak all of them?
Original post by mundosinfin
Love them all :smile: if I could I would learn all of them, but at the moment I'm a bit basic lol only learning French, Spanish, German. But seriously I don't know what it is but I LOVE languages and learning them too :smile:))))))) happy European Language day!!

Happy European Languages day for Tuesday!
I speak a little of all of those languages as well... But I'm not exactly enthusiastic about learning them outside of lessons so now I don't do any lessons then I'll probably be losing them which is a shame... There's not enough hours in the day! However, I stopped learning German over 5 years ago and I still speak a little so hopefully it's quite a slow process and perhaps I can pick them back up when I'm older :excited: I didn't exactly know much German when I stopped (primary level :lol:) so I'm quite happy that I can actually speak any at all still tbh

Posted from TSR Mobile
Spanish
Norwegian.
Original post by AnnieGakusei
Norwegian.

Same! Although I really love French too :smile:
El español.
Reply 14
You just completely forgot about Portuguese... one of the most spoken languages in the world.
Arabic
Reply 16
Language is only a social construct.
English, because it is a crazy language:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Welsh:smile:
I'm a huge fan of the Nordic languages, especially Danish and Icelandic because of the strange pronunciation lol
(edited 6 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending