Biology: A
    Chemistry: A
    Physics: A
    RS: A
    History: A*
    Geography: A
    French: A
    Citizenship (short-course): B

I thought these were good results but after looking at entry requirements for Dentistry, they want an A in English Language. My UKCAT score was not the best as well. I only got 615 av. Do you think I have a chance of getting into Dentistry? If so, which Uni's should I apply to? I was thinking of Plymouth, QMUL, Cardiff and Bristol. Thoughts pleaaasee!!!

Also just some added info. I've been predicted 3 A's, I've got a week of work experience at a dental surgery and a lot of volunteer work as well as a research placement for 4 weeks.

PLEASE SOMEONE HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!!
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Sorry you've not had any responses about this. Are you sure you've posted in the right place? Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there.
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samjackson143)
    Hello!

So I got my GCSE results last year which were OK. I got

Maths: B (one mark off an A)
    English Language: B
    English Literature: A
    Biology: A
    Chemistry: A
    Physics: A
    RS: A
    History: A*
    Geography: A
    French: A
    Citizenship (short-course): B

I thought these were good results but after looking at entry requirements for Dentistry, they want an A in English Language. My UKCAT score was not the best as well. I only got 615 av. Do you think I have a chance of getting into Dentistry? If so, which Uni's should I apply to? I was thinking of Plymouth, QMUL, Cardiff and Bristol. Thoughts pleaaasee!!!

Also just some added info. I've been predicted 3 A's, I've got a week of work experience at a dental surgery and a lot of volunteer work as well as a research placement for 4 weeks.

PLEASE SOMEONE HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!!
    Hiya:hi: Sorry that nobody has got back to you on this.

A Levels and UKCAT will be more important than GCSEs:yep: With your A in English Lit I can't see the English Lang B being a problem.:nah:

PS I've requested that this thread be moved into a more suitable sub-forum so that you'll hopefully get the replies you're after.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 04MR17)
    Hiya:hi: Sorry that nobody has got back to you on this.

A Levels and UKCAT will be more important than GCSEs:yep: With your A in English Lit I can't see the English Lang B being a problem.:nah:

PS I've requested that this thread be moved into a more suitable sub-forum so that you'll hopefully get the replies you're after.
    Thank youu

ReputationRep:
    Need to think about somewhere other than Cardiff. Nail.your UKCAT in the summer and if that fails look at taking the BMAT.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.