Biology: A
Chemistry: A
Physics: A
RS: A
History: A*
Geography: A
French: A
Citizenship (short-course): B

I thought these were good results but after looking at entry requirements for Dentistry, they want an A in English Language. My UKCAT score was not the best as well. I only got 615 av. Do you think I have a chance of getting into Dentistry? If so, which Uni's should I apply to? I was thinking of Plymouth, QMUL, Cardiff and Bristol. Thoughts pleaaasee!!!

Also just some added info. I've been predicted 3 A's, I've got a week of work experience at a dental surgery and a lot of volunteer work as well as a research placement for 4 weeks.

PLEASE SOMEONE HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!!
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:
Original post by samjackson143
Hello!

So I got my GCSE results last year which were OK. I got

Maths: B (one mark off an A)
English Language: B
English Literature: A
Biology: A
Chemistry: A
Physics: A
RS: A
History: A*
Geography: A
French: A
Citizenship (short-course): B

I thought these were good results but after looking at entry requirements for Dentistry, they want an A in English Language. My UKCAT score was not the best as well. I only got 615 av. Do you think I have a chance of getting into Dentistry? If so, which Uni's should I apply to? I was thinking of Plymouth, QMUL, Cardiff and Bristol. Thoughts pleaaasee!!!

Also just some added info. I've been predicted 3 A's, I've got a week of work experience at a dental surgery and a lot of volunteer work as well as a research placement for 4 weeks.

PLEASE SOMEONE HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!!
Hiya:hi: Sorry that nobody has got back to you on this.:redface:

A Levels and UKCAT will be more important than GCSEs:yep: With your A in English Lit I can't see the English Lang B being a problem.:nah:

PS I've requested that this thread be moved into a more suitable sub-forum so that you'll hopefully get the replies you're after.:smile:
Original post by 04MR17
Hiya:hi: Sorry that nobody has got back to you on this.:redface:

A Levels and UKCAT will be more important than GCSEs:yep: With your A in English Lit I can't see the English Lang B being a problem.:nah:

PS I've requested that this thread be moved into a more suitable sub-forum so that you'll hopefully get the replies you're after.:smile:

Thank youu
Need to think about somewhere other than Cardiff. Nail.your UKCAT in the summer and if that fails look at taking the BMAT.

Quick Reply

Latest