The Student Room Group

Medicine Msci 5th choice??

I just found out I applied to Molecular Genetics Msci at Kings as my 5th choice thinking but I was applying to Bsc.

I don't mind having it as my 5th as long as they accept medical personal statements and Im likely to get in? The requirements are AAA vs AAB and I have AAA predicted.

Also, how would I go about changing my 5th choice application if needed? It's already been received by kings.

Thanks
Hey, I applied for the same course but the BSc!
I have contacted King's personally when I was doing my application, and I was assured that for courses such as Pharmacology, Biochemistry, Neuroscience (?), and Molecular Genetics they are willing to accept med. students due to the restrictions in the number of medical schools one is able to apply to.

Since you applied for the MSci it might be a bit tougher to get the place (higher requirements and maybe more people who are willing to study the course and also meet the requirements), but you should be fine for the most part. Try contacting them directly, or UCAS, and see what's available for you.
Normally the MSci just has a slightly higher entry criteria (maybe one grade more, or they specify and A/A* in a certain subject), and most universities with such courses will make an offer for the BSc if you narrowly miss the MSci criteria.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending