The Student Room Group
Student working at the Cole Museum
University of Reading
Reading
Visit website

BA Business and Management Entry Requirements

On the requirements for gcse it states a 6 in maths and in english language or literature is needed. However i got a 6 in literature but a 4 in language. Would i be frowned upon or would i have an equal chance as opposed to someone who got a 6 in language.
Also im doing 4 a levels so is the offer based on three at AAB from top 3 a levels or will it be changed according to 4
Sorry for the long statement.
Thanks
Original post by TechnoWiz123
On the requirements for gcse it states a 6 in maths and in english language or literature is needed. However i got a 6 in literature but a 4 in language. Would i be frowned upon or would i have an equal chance as opposed to someone who got a 6 in language.
Also im doing 4 a levels so is the offer based on three at AAB from top 3 a levels or will it be changed according to 4
Sorry for the long statement.
Thanks

Hi,

This is what is stated on the entry requirements: Maths and English Language or English Literature at grade B (6).
They have stipulated it can be Language or Literature which means you will be fine as long as you have a 6 in one of these, as you do.

With regards to your A Levels, you would have to make sure that the offer they gave you matches what is achieved by your grades. If your offer is AAB, you would need to achieve AAB from your A Level results. Unfortunately, they do not generally alter the entry requirements if you are doing a fourth A Level.

You can still use your a level choice to you advantage when writing your personal statement as it is something great to talk about. Personal statements are very important so make sure you put lots of effort into it.

If you have any concerns about this you might like to email the admissions team: [email protected]

I hope that helps! If you have any other questions, let us know.

Dan :smile:
Second Year Student Ambassador
Student working at the Cole Museum
University of Reading
Reading
Visit website
Original post by UniofReading
Hi,

This is what is stated on the entry requirements: Maths and English Language or English Literature at grade B (6).
They have stipulated it can be Language or Literature which means you will be fine as long as you have a 6 in one of these, as you do.

With regards to your A Levels, you would have to make sure that the offer they gave you matches what is achieved by your grades. If your offer is AAB, you would need to achieve AAB from your A Level results. Unfortunately, they do not generally alter the entry requirements if you are doing a fourth A Level.

You can still use your a level choice to you advantage when writing your personal statement as it is something great to talk about. Personal statements are very important so make sure you put lots of effort into it.

If you have any concerns about this you might like to email the admissions team: [email protected]

I hope that helps! If you have any other questions, let us know.

Dan :smile:
Second Year Student Ambassador

Thank you so much for the help.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending