The Student Room Group

fed up with looking younger than i really am

i am constantly being mistaken for being younger than my real age. I am 21 and don't mind if people think i'm a few years younger than that but i keep getting people asking if i'm really over 18 and i got one woman asked me my age and when i said i was 21 and finishing uni, she was so shocked cause she thought i looked 14! I really hate this cause it makes people treat me like a child sometimes. I had braces for most of my teenage years and only got them off a month ago, but even without them i still apparently look way younger than i really am. I have done things like change my hair style and wear different clothes but i don't want to change myself just to please other people cause until people started saying how young i look i was generally happy with the way i am and i don't want to change that either.
haven't really got a question here, just wanted to put this out there and see if anyone can relate?
btw sorry if this is the wrong place to post wasn't really sure where this should go
I know it's annoying now, but just think, when all your friends are covered in wrinkles and sagging, you'll still look hot to trot. And I know that's not really advice but I really wouldn't let it bother you too much. I'm almost thirty-one and love when people are surprised that I'm not younger! Hahaha.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending