The Student Room Group

Too old?

I'm hoping to start a BSc in Mental Health Nursing in September 2018, but worried I'll be 'too old' as when I finish uni I'll be 25/26. Anyone else in a similar situation?
I'm starting my MSc Adult Nursing in January,I'll be 27 when I finish. I'd like to think I wont be considered too old when I'm done! A lot of people qualify as a nurse later in life so I doubt it's unusual.
Original post by Lizzie96e
I'm hoping to start a BSc in Mental Health Nursing in September 2018, but worried I'll be 'too old' as when I finish uni I'll be 25/26. Anyone else in a similar situation?

You definitely won't be. There will be much older than 26 starting their degrees then too. Its a non-issue.
Reply 3
Hi Lizzie, I'd say around 60% of those on my course when I studied nursing would be considered 'mature' students, go for it and enjoy :smile:
I'm 26 & just started my degree! There are loads of students my age & above at my uni.
Original post by Lizzie96e

If this matters, my mum is 41 and she just started business studies at university. It's never too late. Plus, at 25/26 I think you're really young and about the right age for uni anyway.
Reply 6
I know someone who is 35 and has just started a course in mental health nursing sept 2017. She also told me that she met people who were almost 50 years old doing the same course. So I won't worry if I were you.
26 is quite young.
One of my daughters did her Nursing degree as a single mother of two teenagers and she was 36 when she did it. She is now a Senior Sister on the Cardiac Ward of my local hospital.
I will be 70 when I complete my degree in Criminology in 2018.
No one cares how old you are. You will find that out when you start studying. All ages enrich the world of study. You will do just fine. X

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending