The Student Room Group

Ambitious Futures 2017/2018

Scroll to see replies

Original post by nchaudhry
Yes, I hope so too for you! I'll keep my fingers crossed - but please don't worry! Use this time to prepare for the video interview!! ;-)

I got invited for a video interview woohooo!! I'm so happy :biggrin: Now going to prepare for it!
Original post by Bellabanana
I got invited for a video interview woohooo!! I'm so happy :biggrin: Now going to prepare for it!

Thank goodness!! I'm so happy for you... I truly do wish you all the best... Please remember to check your computer setup beforehand.. and leave plenty of time for this because it might not work straight away.. I really hope you have success!! :wink:
Thank goodness!! I'm so happy for you... I truly do wish you all the best... Please remember to check your computer setup beforehand.. and leave plenty of time for this because it might not work straight away.. I really hope you have success!! :wink:

Also Bellabanana - feel free to e-mail me at [email protected] if you'd like to chat further at all :smile:
That's great! It really gives you something to aim for! I've applied to Warwick! It all feels so real now.. what are your motivations for wanting to work in HE?

Sorry for late reply! Just that I think it’s a really dynamic environment and I love the unity of it. Want to make university accessible for all and give careers advice for students :smile:
Hi everyone I completed my video interview the other day! I hope to find out in the next week or so as my assessment date for my university is in about 3 weeks. Does the university asses my video interview or the ambitious futures team?
Original post by zoelaylee
Hi everyone I completed my video interview the other day! I hope to find out in the next week or so as my assessment date for my university is in about 3 weeks. Does the university asses my video interview or the ambitious futures team?

Heyy! I would've thought it was the Ambitious Futures recruitment team... But don't quote me on that... All the best anyway :wink:
Haha yeah I’m not sure maybe it’s both! Thank you and good luck to you too. Just wondering how long it is till they get back to you...
(edited 5 years ago)
Haha yeah I’m not sure maybe it’s both! Thank you and good luck to you too. Just wondering how long it is till they get back to you...

I'd say by the end of the month at the very latest!
Hi,I have just been invited to take the video interview. Please can you tell me the kind of questions to expect?Thanks
Original post by vickiwithanI
Hi all,

I'm currently undertaking my first placement on the AF Programme and really enjoying it so far! The application process (in the experience of the current cohort at least) can be quite drawn out - I initially applied in September 2016, and did not receive an invite to a telephone interview until early January this year, so don't get too disheartened if you don't hear back from them for some time.

@philippa26804 in terms of the second placement, you are encouraged to relocate if it takes over 1 hour to commute there from your first university. The scheme will reimburse your accommodation costs up to roughly £150 each week. If you choose not to relocate, and instead wish to commute, petrol/train fare etc will be reimbursed.

If anyone else has any questions about the programme, feel free to get in touch :smile:

Hi, I have been invited to take the video interview. Please can you tell me the kind of questions to expect? Thanks
Original post by Bellabanana

Hi, I got an invite for the video interview as well. Please can you tell me the kind of questions to expect?
Original post by janeotumudia
Hi, I have been invited to take the video interview. Please can you tell me the kind of questions to expect? Thanks

Hi Jane,

Where have you applied to and what interests you about the programme?

Good luck with your video interview and best wishes!
Did you guys receive an email after completing the video interview?
(Original post by elohelhello)Did you guys receive an email after completing the video interview?

No I didn’t get one so I emailed them to confirm!
Original post by janeotumudia

It’s about your motivations and reasons for applying and what you think your strengths are etc from what I remember :smile:
(Original post by elohelhello)Did you guys receive an email after completing the video interview?

No I didn’t get one so I emailed them to confirm!

I didn't one either so emailed to confirm as well! So glad it's over! Good luck everyone :smile:
It’s about your motivations and reasons for applying and what you think your strengths are etc from what I remember :smile:

Thanks
(edited 5 years ago)
Hello,
Has anyone been invited in for an Assessment Centre yet?
Hello,
Has anyone been invited in for an Assessment Centre yet?

Not yet - the assessment date for my uni is in 2 weeks tomorrow though - so they should tell me soon I hope!
Hey..
Thanks for coming back to me! I've just had a chat with someone from AF and I think what they're doing is waiting for all of the video interviews to come through to judge them all fairly - and we'll receive feedback sometime mid/end of next week (hopefully before this month is over!!) Good luck everyone :-) ;-)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending