The Student Room Group

International management at King's or Politics at LSE?

Hi I was just wondering which masters course people think is better. I want to go into business after so management would be more relevant but LSE has a better reputation than King's. I can't afford to do management at LSE btw
Original post by Amster27
Hi I was just wondering which masters course people think is better. I want to go into business after so management would be more relevant but LSE has a better reputation than King's. I can't afford to do management at LSE btw

That's far too generic a question to answer usefully. What undergrad degree do you have, subject, uni and grade because that will affect the profile you are building? What professional experience do you have and in what sector for how long because that will affect the utility of either degree? What sector do you want to work in and what is the pattern of academic achievement of young professionals in that sector, because that will affect the value of either option?

Neither degree is better or worse, save in the context of what value they have for you.
You don't need a degree in management to start working in business. There are several other qualifications you could consider - have a look at CMI, CIM, C&G for starters. Make sure you have a firm idea what you want to do before you commit several thousand pounds and a year (or more) of your time.
In addition to seconding what other people have said - these degrees are not really comparable. At Masters level you should really have a clearer idea of what kind of content you're actually looking to learn.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending