The Student Room Group

How is a good interview supposed to go ?

So I finished my interview and feel terribly bad about it.

I was solving problems for the most part, none of which I could do without the interviewer's help. I was asking for help on each step and forgot super simple things I could do easily at school. Even though I could solve the problems at the end, I am quite sure I will get rejected.

How's a good 10/10 interview supposed to go ? People aren't supposed to ask for a lot of help isn't it ?
Reply 1
What were you applying for?
Reply 2
Original post by mzngstdnt
So I finished my interview and feel terribly bad about it.

I was solving problems for the most part, none of which I could do without the interviewer's help. I was asking for help on each step and forgot super simple things I could do easily at school. Even though I could solve the problems at the end, I am quite sure I will get rejected.

How's a good 10/10 interview supposed to go ? People aren't supposed to ask for a lot of help isn't it ?

Interviewees often (and I mean *really* often) have a completely different view of how well they have done, compared to what the interviewers thought.

Asking for help is fine, it's supposed to be a learning experience... like an actual supervision would be.

Don't stress about it. It's done now :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Also, just for the avoidance of doubt, do not discuss specific questions/answers from your interview :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Presumably if you get told "you've got the job" at the end
Reply 5
Original post by Danny the Geezer
Presumably if you get told "you've got the job" at the end

Cambridge...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Doonesbury

Oh seen the thread title.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending