Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    So I finished my interview and feel terribly bad about it.

I was solving problems for the most part, none of which I could do without the interviewer's help. I was asking for help on each step and forgot super simple things I could do easily at school. Even though I could solve the problems at the end, I am quite sure I will get rejected.

How's a good 10/10 interview supposed to go ? People aren't supposed to ask for a lot of help isn't it ?

ReputationRep:
    What were you applying for?
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by mzngstdnt)
    So I finished my interview and feel terribly bad about it.

I was solving problems for the most part, none of which I could do without the interviewer's help. I was asking for help on each step and forgot super simple things I could do easily at school. Even though I could solve the problems at the end, I am quite sure I will get rejected.

How's a good 10/10 interview supposed to go ? People aren't supposed to ask for a lot of help isn't it ?
    Interviewees often (and I mean *really* often) have a completely different view of how well they have done, compared to what the interviewers thought.

Asking for help is fine, it's supposed to be a learning experience... like an actual supervision would be.

Don't stress about it. It's done now

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Also, just for the avoidance of doubt, do not discuss specific questions/answers from your interview

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Presumably if you get told "you've got the job" at the end
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by Danny the Geezer)
    Presumably if you get told "you've got the job" at the end
    Cambridge...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Doonesbury)
    Cambridge...

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Oh seen the thread title.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.