The Student Room Group

Does EVERYONE on TSR go to GRAMMAR SCHOOLS

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Kevin Hodge
I went to a grammar school and came out with 11 A*’s for my GCSEs. I then did Maths, Further Maths, Physics, Chemistry and Biology for A level and got 5 A*’s. I then went to Cambridge to study medicine and came out with a first.

Spoiler

Your work ethic and talent is commendable. But this guy has you beat:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1132200/The-boy-set-getting-Cambridge-got-22-A-levels.html

Albeit some subjects aren't that impressive
Original post by Hirsty97
Your work ethic and talent is commendable. But this guy has you beat:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1132200/The-boy-set-getting-Cambridge-got-22-A-levels.html

Albeit some subjects aren't that impressive

Just as I thought I couldn’t be beaten :frown:
Props to him though. 22 As. Did he even sleep? 😂
Went to a crap Comp from 11-18.
Just as I thought I couldn’t be beaten :frown:
Props to him though. 22 As. Did he even sleep? 😂

"He studied for up to 12 hours a day, using energy drinks to help concentrate.

He still managed to keep up his leisure pursuits, however, playing the guitar, cricket and table tennis, and editing his school newspaper. He even found time for a trip to America to attend a Harvard leadership course."

He still managed to keep up his leisure pursuits, however, playing the guitar, cricket and table tennis, and editing his school newspaper. He even found time for a trip to America to attend a Harvard leadership course."

12 hours a day. I lose concentration after 1 hour, let alone 12 hours.

The guys a flippin maniac. I have no clue how he managed to do that cause I would end up dead in under a weak and that was me
i do, and wouldn't swap it for the world
I went to a grammar school for a while but I didn't really like the intensively academic and competitive environment and I was getting kinda complacent, so I got a scholarship to a private school and I feel a lot happier here. But I think it's really varied on TSR, you get to talk people from loads of different communities.
Original post by 04MR17
When you get round to it this may get more attention (because it's quite interesting) if this poll wasn't public.:wink:

I don't think we're meant to change things like that...fair point though (I wouldn't have a clue how to change it anyway...)
I can't see who has voted for what...has someone maybe already changed it?
I’m Asian so I did all my A levels at the age of 14 :colondollar:

Kevin.... isn't that a Bengali name ?

:bhangra:
Original post by the bear
Kevin.... isn't that a Bengali name ?

:bhangra:

You got that right :giggle:
I seriously wonder this.

There's so many people here who seem to say they go to a average/bad state school and then the next thing you know they say something like

" "only" 5 of us are applying to oxbridge at my school"
"I only got 5 A* at GCSE, not even in the top 5"
" "only" 3 people got A*A*A* at A level where I went"

I've even seen multiple well known people on here lying about their grades, and combined with the delusionally high standards it makes me wonder if tsr makes people insecure and therefore they lie to feel more academically impressive.
Original post by EvNeedsHelp
My friend thinks most people here do, so please vote in this poll to see if he's correct or not :smile:

I personally go to a grammar school.

No. I'm public as ****.

It's because (as a general rule, this does not apply to so many) those in "higher achieving" school's will have the motivation to or be pushed into good grades, thus communicate via student forums. It's more likely you'll see people who don't care about their education in a public school than a grammar one.
No. I go to a local state secondary school.I see why you would think that most tsr users go to grammar schools.
I go to a grammar school, yes
WOW! Let's keep the results coming guyss :smile:
I go to a grammar school, but tbf the state schools in my area are quite good so being in a grammar school doesn't make too much of a difference.
Reply 37
Original post by starburstgirl123
Haha just want to say though I go to a grammar school

:mob::mob::mob:

Quick Reply

Latest