The Student Room Group

Does EVERYONE on TSR go to GRAMMAR SCHOOLS

Poll

What sort of school do you attend?

My friend thinks most people here do, so please vote in this poll to see if he's correct or not :smile:

I personally go to a grammar school.

EDIT:

Please support my journey to A*A*A* at A-Level
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=5011432&p=74211860#post74211860.
Hopefully it will inspire both myself and you to do good in our exams!
(edited 6 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
NO
Reply 2
Original post by EvNeedsHelp
My friend thinks most people here do, so please vote in this poll to see if he's correct or not :smile:

I personally go to a grammar school.

No. Lots of people go to state schools.
Nope. Majority are either form state schools or home schooled I believe
Reply 4
I don't think the grammar educated individuals would be seen with the likes of us...commoners :wink:
Reply 5
Original post by Avaia
I don't think the grammar educated individuals would be seen with the likes of us...commoners :wink:

xD
Can't vote in the poll on the app, but nope. I went to a state secondary school and now go to a state sixth form college.
While there are some who go to private schools or grammar school, a lot don't!

Posted from TSR Mobile
there are quite a few students from grammar and private schools, (TSR attracts high-achieving students so this is always bound to be the case) but I certainly wouldn't say that they're a majority.
Reply 8
I'd say the majority go to state schools tbh :3

I go to a state school (in their sixth form) that is currently in special measures. Never a dull day.
(edited 6 years ago)
I went to a grammar school and came out with 11 A*’s for my GCSEs. I then did Maths, Further Maths, Physics, Chemistry and Biology for A level and got 5 A*’s. I then went to Cambridge to study medicine and came out with a first.

Spoiler

Was having a conversation about this sort of stuff with someone the other day actually.

Original post by Lemur14
Can't vote in the poll on the app, but nope. I went to a state secondary school and now go to a state sixth form college.
While there are some who go to private schools or grammar school, a lot don't!
When you get round to it this may get more attention (because it's quite interesting) if this poll wasn't public.:dontknow:
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Kevin Hodge
I went to a grammar school and came out with 11 A*’s for my GCSEs. I then did Maths, Further Maths, Physics, Chemistry and Biology for A level and got 5 A*’s. I then went to Cambridge to study medicine and came out with a first.

Spoiler

but how many subjects did you get full ums in?
I'd take a guess and say that there are more privately educated/grammar school educated people on TSR than what would be found in general, but I guess that's just the kind of people that the site attracts. I personally go to my local state comprehensive which is probably the most average school you could possibly think of in terms of results.
No. Of course not.
Original post by _gcx
but how many subjects did you get full ums in?

Full UMS in all of them :smile:

Original post by VirgoStrain
I'll be doing two additional GCSE's this year on top of 10 A*'s and 3 A's. I also hope to do a 6th A-Level in Italian next year on top of Maths Physics, Chemistry, Further Maths and Electronics. Prepare to get beaten on all counts. :colonhash:

I’m waiting :u:

Spoiler

:teehee:

Spoiler

Did you do your A-level Maths at the age of 14?:colone:
Original post by SuperHuman98
Did you do your A-level Maths at the age of 14?:colone:

I’m Asian so I did all my A levels at the age of 14 :colondollar:
no chance in a million years
I went to a lamentable state school and go to an even more deplorable college. My cousin went to a nice grammar school in Ilkley, yet he is not very bright.

Quick Reply

Latest