The Student Room Group

Boring work experience

Hi I have started doing a work experience in local hospital but there is nothing much to do and I am incredibly bored sitting in a room on my own HELP what should I do?
Original post by Laboromniavincit
Hi I have started doing a work experience in local hospital but there is nothing much to do and I am incredibly bored sitting in a room on my own HELP what should I do?

ask if theres anything else u can do
if you're in a hospital and not working, thats good news if you ask me.
Depends if you hate it or not, best thing is to ask someone what you can do, otherwise you're pretty much just wasting your time. Alternative is that you find a different work experience elsewhere, where you can actually be practical and make the experience worth while.
Can I take some study material with me ? I don’t think there is much they can offer me it’s abt killing time that’s killing me😱
Original post by jasminenctang
Depends if you hate it or not, best thing is to ask someone what you can do, otherwise you're pretty much just wasting your time. Alternative is that you find a different work experience elsewhere, where you can actually be practical and make the experience worth while.

I begged and begged my relative to get me into this as I am not sixteen so cannot complain but I will discuss and see if there is any other area I can shadow
I begged and begged my relative to get me into this as I am not sixteen so cannot complain but I will discuss and see if there is any other area I can shadow

If you're applying for medicine and are doing wex because of that, then just ride it out. Get as much wex as you can if you're applying for medicine.

Yeah, that would be a good idea. I mean, it is a pain if there is nothing for you to do and definitely try and get something out of it. Good luck!
Hope it will be a bit better tomorrow .. I guess this too is a learning curve .. what u expect might not match up to reality

Quick Reply

Latest