The Student Room Group

Multiple people have left my job role

Hi I recently got a job at ASDA in the Produce section, I’m still trying to learn about the role itself but I’ve incountered a strange wave of problems which include 3 people I would’ve been working with actually leaving the job role which has left me extremely worried about how I’m going to cope without the help. In the chilled section there is literally like 5 people working at once. Produce requires in my opinion atleast 2 or 3 people working together to get the delivery’s out. Can any of you explain to me what’s going on and why people are leaving the role.
Original post by Jamie1999
Hi I recently got a job at ASDA in the Produce section, I’m still trying to learn about the role itself but I’ve incountered a strange wave of problems which include 3 people I would’ve been working with actually leaving the job role which has left me extremely worried about how I’m going to cope without the help. In the chilled section there is literally like 5 people working at once. Produce requires in my opinion atleast 2 or 3 people working together to get the delivery’s out. Can any of you explain to me what’s going on and why people are leaving the role.

bring it up with your boss
Reply 2
Original post by angrypoliceman
bring it up with your boss

I have and it was pointless , they just they you’ll get used to everything even though it’s clearly a 3 person job
I have and it was pointless , they just they you’ll get used to everything even though it’s clearly a 3 person job

when things start to **** up they'll realise
Reply 4
Original post by angrypoliceman
when things start to **** up they'll realise

Yeah hopefully I don’t get the blame as I’m on the probation period.
because working at supermarket is torture slavery
Reply 6
Original post by study beats
because working at supermarket is torture slavery

Isn’t that every job lol
I'd be wary. You need to wonder why so many people have left the job role in such a short period of time. A high turnover of staff usually shows there's a problem with the job itself, how the employers are treated, workload etc.
Hi I recently got a job at ASDA in the Produce section, I’m still trying to learn about the role itself but I’ve incountered a strange wave of problems which include 3 people I would’ve been working with actually leaving the job role which has left me extremely worried about how I’m going to cope without the help. In the chilled section there is literally like 5 people working at once. Produce requires in my opinion atleast 2 or 3 people working together to get the delivery’s out. Can any of you explain to me Yes, I can. what’s going on and why people are leaving the role. See below

The job is crap so people don't stay long.
Reply 9
Just stick to what you're doing, don't worry about anyone else. Don't bust a gut because they're a bit short. You won't get any thanks for it and could hurt yourself if you're not careful. If they moan you only have to point out that you're on your own - if it isn't quick enough they should be rolling up their sleeves to help you out.
Reply 10
Original post by FXX
Just stick to what you're doing, don't worry about anyone else. Don't bust a gut because they're a bit short. You won't get any thanks for it and could hurt yourself if you're not careful. If they moan you only have to point out that you're on your own - if it isn't quick enough they should be rolling up their sleeves to help you out.

Great advice thank you !

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending