The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Oh, I was favoured - big time! :biggrin: It didn't matter if I turned up to lessons an hour late - they would ask no questions whereas this other guy who was barely 5mins late got grilled.
It worked in my favour all the time - better results and glowing references :biggrin:
I was definitely favoured by my Electronics teacher at GCSE.He would always offer my extra help whilst a couple of my friends who needed extra help more than I did were pretty much ignored.
Reply 3
Been both favoured and hated and both affected me I think.
Just part of school life I guess.
Reply 4
I was a favourite in my maths class at GCSE. I was the best in the school at the subject, so she always picked me out and gave me extra stuff. I liked it, I got more stuff done. My DT teacher was always choosing me over others for attention, but that wasn't really due to favouritism. It was more due to the fact that everyone else in the class had chosen the subject for a doss and were predicted E and below.

As for science - my teacher hated me because I constantly beat her favourites. Heh.

At A-level I wasn't really favourite in any classes. Nobody was, really. It was quite odd.
Reply 5
its aold thread but neways.
for AS my stats teahcer hated me, for some reason its all changed now! weird! and i gt to wirte on the elctronic white borad and lead the class for a while in pure, when my teaher went out for a bit yday, so that was kul. other than that cant really think of much!
Reply 6
last year at a different school i liked all my teachers and they all liked me, this was probably because i handed in hw on time and did well on tests. You know, on top of not acting like a total idiot.

This year i get the distinct impression that my physics teacher might hate me, and possibly the head and several others.

I dont even know why. I'm BRAND NEW! Its so mean of them!
Reply 7
I was favoured in some subjects, and hated with a burning passion in others, no fault of my own i guess, and yup, it help/didn't help.

At college i'm generally disliked, due to my attitude i think, i'm liked in english, but disliked in the others.
Reply 8
I have two older sisters who did well in school, so I'm favoured by most of my teachers.
I think my law teacher may be favouring me...seeing as he's my dad. :tongue:

My sociology teacher, Sarah, may also favour me because she's friends with my parents; and hence she's been round, and talked to me, and I've been to her house before and been in her pool etc.

My phyiscs teachers don't really favour me, nor do they dislike me. I'm just average in the class and quite insignificant, I'm quiet in this lesson because I don't generally know very much. :redface:

My history teacher is so great, he's really funny. I think his policy is liking people depending on how much they contribute in lessons, and I can't keep my big mouth shut in history so he likes me.

3/4, not bad. :tongue: :biggrin:
Reply 10
im favoured...though i dont understand y...! i can be a nightmare sumtimes.. cos i like 2 have a laugh in lessons and get experiments etc all messed up! and then min maths i hav areally bad habit of stopping the lesson, saying i dont get it, and asking the teach to start again (i honestly dont get it...not wasting time) bless my teach shes sooooooooooooo lovely 2 me, and offers help all the time and gives lovely refrences!
Reply 11
I'm favoured by Philosophy and Economics teachers

Ignored by Politics

Antagonised (in a friendly way) by History - she argues specifically with me, and makes jokes at my expense, deliberately misunderstands me etc.
Reply 12
When i was doing UCAS i had the head of year pull me in her office and berate me for not being able to do a nursing course as i didnt have the commitment to follow anything through etc etc.
I pretty much ended up back in the labs crying cause i was so upset and pretty shocked and my biology teacher was so mad she stormed off and caused a huge scene on my behalf! She then helped me with all my biology and checked i was ok all the time.
It was a great pleasure to go back several years later to tell her that her confidence in me helped me continue my academic career and I still write to her now to let her now how i'm doing.

Worst still the head of year was right i wasnt nurse material-turns out i cant stand the sight of phlegm or vomit!
I don't think anyone is really favoured in any of my AS classes. We all seem to be pretty equal. There was some favouritism going on at GCSE though, except in food technology, where the teacher was a grumpy old git who hated everyone. I'd say I was probably favoured a bit in English because my teacher was also my form tutor, and she always let me get away with forgetting books, talking and passing notes even though everyone else got detentions for things like that. I suppose I may have been slightly favoured in maths as well because I sat right at the front and still succeeded in talking and passing notes with no problems. My ICT teacher didn't favour me even though I was doing AVCE when everyone else was doing GNVQ. Quite the opposite, actually. She figured I was intelligent enough to get on with it without her help, so I had to scream blue muder before she'd actually come and help me when I got stuck. I suppose the main subject where everyone said I was favoured was French. I always got asked loads of questions and when we were working, the teacher always came and stood behind me to read over my shoulder. He even did that in the exams! I can't really complain since I got an A* :biggrin: but it was a bit embarrassing sometimes when he announced to the whole class that I was the only one who knew the answer, the only one who'd done the homework, got the highest mark on a test etc etc.
Reply 14
My first secondary school I was hated. My maths teacher was teaching the top set (in middle of year 7) the 2 and 4 times table. So I complained and got a new teacher.
My tutor decided that I would be the person to point out all the problems on in my class. Science teachers didn't like me because I would either do nothing, or do the work and then do nothing..not ask for extra work.

Second secondary school most teachers liked me, I was intelligent compared to the other people, and would actually work or at least show I had the grades and motivation to pull it through. I stopped the working in the last two year but teachers still favoured me. I was offered extra help in maths to get an A*, put in for a speaking competition in English, Used to teach the class and as an example in ICT, given the ability to not go to lessons of Expressive arts if I didn't want to.

At college now it is different there aren't really favorites. There are people that the lecturers say they don't like. I get on with my Media lecturer really well and he doesn't say anything if I am late, or miss lessons. (Might have something to do with having the same guy last year and him knowing about problems I had)
My psych lecturer doesn't really like it when the group I am with talk a lot, but never tells me to be quiet. I do my work and he knows that I will do it.

I guess it has just been down to if I do my work or not.
Reply 15
I used to be special needs and stuff at primary school, teachers though little of me. I was highly average in lower school and did come to excell in a couple of subjects, History and Science. However, its not until now that I have gained sufficient reputation to actually challenge teachers and stuff on a similar level without fear... But many of them despise me, either through anger at my nonconformity (I very much do things my way), or through some kind of twisted fear...
My Chem teacher favours this bitch in my class...shes one of these popular stuck up cows and she sits down the front like miss perfect asking loadsa questions and answering everything...whereas me an my mates sit up the back, talk a lot and dont get any answers correct. At my last parents' evening, my chem teacher told my mum i have to ask more questions when i'm stuck at something...so i did...he ignores me and goes to this little tart instead...just put me right off chemistry all together...now i dont even bother trying.
Reply 17
I have always been slightly favoured in my High school... life is so easier i guess.
Reply 18
Well i always found that if ur generally fairly nice and do work for about teh first 2 weeks of term then after that i can get away with murder.
You start to get comments like "You haven't done your homework Rebecca? That's not like you? Is there something wrong at home?" hehe tis quite amusing. Apart from the time in y9 when i was so SO mad @ my IT teacher and started yelling@ me and instead of yelling back he just started telling me everything was ok and asking every1 else 2 get on with work and did i need to talk about something - i actually cried because i was so cross!!! Hehe so sad
But yeh i don't think it's ever got me better grades cos when it comes down to it no decent teacher overgrades papers cos then the students later fail exams! But it's definitely helped me in terms of when i've accidentally skipped a deadline or too i havent died!!
Boo xx
Reply 19
need_money
My Chem teacher favours this bitch in my class...shes one of these popular stuck up cows and she sits down the front like miss perfect asking loadsa questions and answering everything...whereas me an my mates sit up the back, talk a lot and dont get any answers correct. At my last parents' evening, my chem teacher told my mum i have to ask more questions when i'm stuck at something...so i did...he ignores me and goes to this little tart instead...just put me right off chemistry all together...now i dont even bother trying.

If you actually work and stop messing about then the teachers stop moianing at you and saying you need to do this and that and this and that at parents evenings.

Latest

Trending

Trending