The Student Room Group

I'm a US student a bit troubled about UCAS's reference/recommendation letter

In the US, the recommendation letters typically come from:
school counselor
math teacher
english/humanities teacher

But UCAS only asks for one letter/reference. So, which person should I choose? The UCAS website says to choose a teacher or tutor, but doesn't talk about what subject area the teacher should be in.
Original post by yd1201
school counselor
math teacher

But UCAS only asks for one letter/reference. So, which person should I choose? The UCAS website says to choose a teacher or tutor, but doesn't talk about what subject area the teacher should be in.

In UK schools each subject teacher will provide a short paragraph to the person who will provide the reference. Ask your english and maths teachers to write something short about your studies and give it to your counsellor who can combine it into a single reference along with the requested information about your school and education environment.
Reply 2
Original post by yd1201
school counselor
math teacher

So, I'm also a Canadian UCAS applicant having a bit of trouble too. But from what I reaserched, it should be from a teacher that you had long enough to be able to predict your grades in other subjects. It can be any teacher. Like PE

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending