The Student Room Group

are these teachers being islamophobic?

i'm a muslim and currently in yr 11 and over the past few years in secondary school some of my teachers treat me unfairly, idk if its because they think because im muslim i have to be treated unfairly
an example of one of the situations, that happened is:
- the teacher was coming to the class and i got asked if the student can sit near me and i said yes, however when the teacher came in she asked why she is seating there, and she said that i told her not to
- then the teacher yelled at me and believed the non muslims lie and threaten to call my parents and didnt let me tell my side of the story, so i was upset for the rest of the lesson.
(our school is mulitcultural but tbh i feel like some teachers dont understand that and treat students differently)
Do you actaully have any evidence they are islamophobic or is it just because you are Muslim that you assumed any perceived unjust treatment was due to religion?
Just because you are annoyed with people doesn't make them all racist
Reply 2
Original post by Emmmaaaa...
Do you actaully have any evidence they are islamophobic or is it just because you are Muslim that you assumed any perceived unjust treatment was due to religion?
Just because you are annoyed with people doesn't make them all racist

consistently yelling at me or giving me dirty looks, sometimes i dont even do anything wrong (im a quiet person and dont do anything to get into trouble) but because ppl say that i have then it is believed instantly
also teacher allowing students to do something but when i do it is not okay
im not annoyed, i just dont understand why im not allowed to say my side of the story, but if someone who isn't muslim says what happened the teacher believes it, and yells at me for no reason at all
(edited 11 months ago)
Maybe the teacher just doesn't like you, it isn't necessarily linked to your faith. Either way, they shouldn't be yelling at you and such, have you spoken to the head of year about this teacher?
Original post by hurtinguser
consistently yelling at me or giving me dirty looks, sometimes i dont even do anything wrong

It's maybe just clumsy writing but the implication here is still that you are doing a lot of thing wrong, if you have already got on a teachers bad side then yeah they might be quicker to judge and less likely to listen.
Reply 5
Original post by Sorcerer of Old
Maybe the teacher just doesn't like you, it isn't necessarily linked to your faith. Either way, they shouldn't be yelling at you and such, have you spoken to the head of year about this teacher?

no because i feel that even if i tell him, it wont change anything
tbh when some of my teachers were doing this, i just suffered in silence
and once told one of the teachers but she said ''there not treating your unfairly'' - which led me to not want to say anything
Original post by StriderHort
It's maybe just clumsy writing but the implication here is still that you are doing a lot of thing wrong, if you have already got on a teachers bad side then yeah they might be quicker to judge and less likely to listen.

no i'm not a student who causes trouble in class, i just sit there and do the school work
i dont cause the teacher to get annoyed at me or do anything which makes me in trouble

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending