The Student Room Group

A level maths- how hard is it really?

How hard is A level math?I've heard a lot of people tell me it's on another level to GCSE, but is it really that much harder since they brought some topics from A level down to GCSE. It makes me hesitant over picking it for A level since some people that were much better at maths than me struggled at it. Btw I'm working at level 6/7 and in year 11.
Original post by Kolan123
How hard is A level math?I've heard a lot of people tell me it's on another level to GCSE, but is it really that much harder since they brought some topics from A level down to GCSE. It makes me hesitant over picking it for A level since some people that were much better at maths than me struggled at it. Btw I'm working at level 6/7 and in year 11.

Definitely take maths at A-Level. Don't listen to other people. There is just one secret to ace maths. PRACTICE. PRACTICE AND PRACTICE. It is definitely hard than maths at gcse but the gap is not that big. As long as you are motivated enough, you can do well. Good luck
Maths is really easy. Literally don't be retarded and you'll get an A.
How long is a piece of string?

For a GCSE student, it will probably seem "hard" no matter how you spin it. If you do it and get through it, then when you're neck deep in field-extensions it'll all seem very trivial...

Difficulty is a matter of perspective.
Reply 4
Idk I enjoy maths but I don't fully understand the usefulness of it. Why is it worth it?

Quick Reply

Latest